I once read that when Brigham Young wanted to purchase a piano as a gift for one of his wives, in order to be fair and "keep the peace" he purchased pianos for ALL his wives. I don't know why I've been thinking about that. Maybe because I want a piano and I'm amazed that anyone can afford ONE (let alone 15). Or perhaps because I can relate to Brigham Young's rationale:
I can't just open one sack of fruit snacks without opening enough for ALL three of my kids. When I read aloud, they ALL jockey for a spot on my lap. If I let Brigham sit on my stomach while I do sit-ups, they ALL want a turn. If I compliment Isaac on his pedaling skills I am bombarded with, "Watch me, mom! Am I good at pedaling too?" If I tell Clayton to clean up his play-dough mess, he complains that I don't make the other kids work. And like Brigham Young, I am asking for trouble if I don't remember to buy three of everything.
So a few months ago, Nate suggested that we (meaning myself, since I am the one at home) do a better job "documenting" our family, not just on holidays and special occasions but in our daily life. Thus, the birth of this blog, pictures of day to day events, and the series of short videos that attempt to capture our children's personalities as they are - right now. However, since the creation of "Blue Blanket Documentary" last month and "Hats! Hats! Hats!" a few weeks later, Clayton has been asking me to make a movie about him. So, in accordance with Brigham Young's "keep the peace" logic, I present "Lego Play" featuring Clayton, the most patient of my three:
I can't just open one sack of fruit snacks without opening enough for ALL three of my kids. When I read aloud, they ALL jockey for a spot on my lap. If I let Brigham sit on my stomach while I do sit-ups, they ALL want a turn. If I compliment Isaac on his pedaling skills I am bombarded with, "Watch me, mom! Am I good at pedaling too?" If I tell Clayton to clean up his play-dough mess, he complains that I don't make the other kids work. And like Brigham Young, I am asking for trouble if I don't remember to buy three of everything.
So a few months ago, Nate suggested that we (meaning myself, since I am the one at home) do a better job "documenting" our family, not just on holidays and special occasions but in our daily life. Thus, the birth of this blog, pictures of day to day events, and the series of short videos that attempt to capture our children's personalities as they are - right now. However, since the creation of "Blue Blanket Documentary" last month and "Hats! Hats! Hats!" a few weeks later, Clayton has been asking me to make a movie about him. So, in accordance with Brigham Young's "keep the peace" logic, I present "Lego Play" featuring Clayton, the most patient of my three:
And now I announce a movie-making hiatus, as I have mountains of laundry to fold, closets to organize, lists of projects to finish, and books to read.
3 comments:
Love it! Have I told you that Tyler's interest in trains has increased ten-fold since spending Christmas with Clayton? It's a full-blown obsession now. Thanks Clay! Haha. What a cutie; love the vid.
Very nice. I understand about the "buying three" thing. But with me it's just two of everything for now.
Love the video!
P.S. I found this website that makes blog templates for free! And it tells you exactly how to apply it to your blog.
http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment