Friday, February 29, 2008

Dustin' Off The Ol' Strings

I brought my violin to Clayton and Isaac's preschool and taught the music classes for a day. It was fun to sharpen up my old performing (and teaching) skills as well as revisit some of my favorite violin pieces.
Here is a list of my preschool performance repertoire:
Something Silly:
"Banjo and Fiddle" by William Kroll
Sneakin' Around:
"Peer Gynt - In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg
(arranged for violin by me)
A Little Classical:
"Spring Concerto" by Antonio Vivaldi
Bluegrass Fun:
"Cripple Creek" and "The Orange Blossom Special"
A Lullaby:
"Concerto in G minor - 2nd mvt." by Max Bruch

3 comments:

Sheralie said...

That is a wonderful program! I wish I could have been there.

Emily said...

I knew you'd appreciate it, Sheralie! I can't wait to live close enough to do music again together!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Em, it has been sooooooo long since I have been online to see your updates, and I have to say that the wait was worth it! I absolutely love to see each of your creative posts. You have the most cleaver things to say, even if it is just a conversation with your 5 year old. I love to read them and feel like I can hear you talking; it makes me feel like we can keep our friendship alive! Oh, we moved back to Utah! Rick got a job in Park City and so we are living with my parents while we build a house (I say with fingers crossed). If you are ever in town, you know my number. It is the same one I had in high school.