Here's an ode to us and all our not-so-perfect but memorable Valentine's Days:

With chocolates and flowers and dancing bliss,
The Murray Art Center was all glamor and glitz.
Nate swooned and I swayed. He tried a first kiss.
It went amiss.

I decorated our apartment with hearts - red and pink.
Nate soaked his sore, swollen arms in the sink.
We were both too exhausted to smile or think,
That our first Valentine's in Chicago would stink.
I made cards with the kids at Sexton.
Nate had a Moot Court trial run.
So we postponed our Valentine's day of fun,
With Fanny-May chocolates priced "2 for 1"

Nate was in Boston at Harvard hall.
I didn't even get a phone call.
No flowers or chocolates. No hearts on the wall.
We didn't have Valentine's Day at all.

Hmmmm, I don't remember a lot,
Except that we rented "Chocolat"
Just kidding. That's not what Nate thought.
He says he's never seen "Chocolat"

We were all sick. Ug. . .I remember that day.
Nate studied for the bar anyway.
I can't think of anything else to say,
Except, "What a miserable Valentine's Day!"

Nate was busy at work. He couldn't come home.
I went to the ward Valentine's party alone.
We said "I love you" on the phone.
And I fell asleep before he came home.

It's 2008. Nate's not working late.
Valentine's this year is gonna be great.
With take-out dinner and a movie date.
Let's celebrate!
I Love You, Honey!
(despite life's dips and turns.)
Note: Unfortunately none of the pictures were taken on Valentine's Day, but they're close - at least within a month or two.(despite life's dips and turns.)
5 comments:
I'm so impressed you remember each year. 2005 made me laugh out loud.
Happy Valentine's Day!
How cute! I love it! I'm impressed that you remember each Valentine's Day.
Dave is questioning how you remember all those Valentind's Days, which I take to mean that he doesn't remember all of ours together. Hmmm, I guess they're just not as memorable--maybe that's a good thing?
Ha Ha. I actually made a V-day card for Nate similar to this in 2005 (ironically, the year neither one of us could remember) that had the first four years on it. I just dug up that card and really only had to remember 2006 and 2007 - which I remember vividly.
what great pictures. Hope you valentines day was great this year!! We did take out and a movie too. Many of our date nights consist of that. And oh this year Dave worked late .
Post a Comment