Top 10 Things I'll Miss About Dallas

1) The Texas State Fair
Where else can you ride the bumper cars AND eat deep-fat-fried cheeseburgers and pralines? I seriously look forward to it every year. The Texas State Fair grounds are also home to the Children's Museum where I played with Isaac and Briggy every week while Clayton took a Spanish class.

2) White Rock Lake
Ah, the bike rides and Sunday walks. . . I'll miss living close to a lake.

3) Dallas Children's Theater
The Children's Theater here is considered one of the best in the country and I believe it! During the last few years we have enjoyed some great puppet performances and clever live theater productions there.

4) Ridgewood Park Preschool
Despite my complaints about Clayton's first teacher (who didn't come back the next year) I love Ridgewood. The kids and I (okay, mostly the kids) spent a lot of time there. I'll miss all our friends and especially the great staff who loved and cared for my children.

5) Tony's Amazing Salad
Tony's is the little family-run Italian restaurant just up the street. I CRAVE this salad and order it "to go" at least every other week.

6) The Dallas World Aquarium
I have been to a dozen aquariums but the Dallas World Aquarium is truly unique. It's like a gigantic Amazon treehouse with a 30 foot waterfall and free-flying birds and monkeys - plus all the regular marine animals including a walk-through shark tank.

7) Our House
I love our house. I love living next door to the church. I love the big rooms and space to stretch and run. And especially I love all the memories. Watch "House Tricks" to see what fun we've had.

8) Swimming Lessons
This sounds weird to say, but Mockingbird Swim and Total Fitness feels like my second home and family. Ms. Debbie and Mr. Paul just adore all three of my boys and we'll miss them so much.

9) The Dallas Arboretum
This is my number one favorite place to hang out. It's breathtakingly beautiful all year and it's about 5 minutes from our house. The Arboretum is filled with miles of amazing walkways, fountains, bridges, ponds, rivers, a pioneer village, and long stretches of soft open grass for running and exploring.
10) Friends

4 comments:
This is a really fun post! The kids and I have talked about what we will miss about Raleigh when we leave. You have inspired me to actually write it down.
Although it is exciting to move onto new places and experiences, it is also pretty sad to leave all the things you enjoy so much about your "home". Where are you guys going and when? Call me when you are in Oakley!
Emily,
Are you moving to Oakley? How great would that be!?!
Good luck whereever you guys end up! Just keep blogging, you are hilarious!
Addison
I'll be in Oakley with the kids for the summer. WooHOo!!!
Add(and fam) - we'll have to get together.
Post a Comment