- Yeah, but I don't think she likes the way you just said her name. (trying not to laugh at Madeline's irritated expression and beaming with pride at the way my son's heart IS so kind.) It's just too bad kindness doesn't always mean coolness. . .
Can I listen to Opera tonight in my bed? Opera is my favorite music. - Really???? Do you mean Beethoven's Wig?
No. I mean the Opera music we listened to in the car.
- Oh, that was just on the radio. But I have a few Italian Opera CD's downstairs. . .
Yeah, I want to listen to Opera tonight.
- O. . . kay. . .???
What can I say??? My kid likes Opera and is now quite the Rossini buff.
- What are you doing?(After catching Clayton RED-HANDED at the top of the pantry trying to sneak some "sugar" cereal after he was supposed to be in bed.)
Um. . . I was. . . well. . .I was just stretching my arms and legs to see if I could reach this cereal in case sometimes when you're busy and you need me to get it down or something. I'm a really good helper huh, Mommy.
Why do the Egyptians keep Dummies inside their pyramids?(Clayton tells jokes a lot and he had to ask me this 10 or 12 times before I realized he wasn't trying to tell a joke and he really meant Mummies. He was so frustrated when I kept saying, "I don't know. . . Why?" and then fake laughing. . .)
5 comments:
The picture of Clayton climbing the shelves in your pantry made me laugh so hard. I have caught Max doing the same thing and recently Renee has started. So quick...stop Clayton before he passes his tricks onto Isaac and Brigham!
Oh my goodness, I LOVE the cereal quote. Way to think fast Clayton, lol.
I totally believe Clayton's "kind-hearted remarks" after hearing what he said to the maid at the hotel in Houston:
Clayton: "I'm Clayton. What's your name?"
Maid: "My name is Vivien."
Clayton: "Wow. That is a really beautiful name."
Maid (with a huge smile on her face)"Thank you!"
I also am not surprised at his quick thinking after being caught sneaking the cereal (and for all we know....maybe he really was just trying to see if he could get it, just in case the need arose).
Kind, quick-thinking, varied interests and inquisitive, this boy is going to be president someday! In the end kindness is better than coolness. It's just hard to understand in middle school.
I'm with Clayton on the kindness over coolness thing. Julie had me put on a pair of sunglasses tonight- "Am I cool now?" I asked. "Hmmm... no. I think there's a few more steps- you also have to act cool."
You can put sunglasses on a nerd, but even a 6 year old still knows the truth. So I took off the shades and we read a book together instead.
Post a Comment