My aunt Ann brought over an envelope of random pictures for my mom. We had quite a chuckle looking through her collection of old photographs, reminiscing, and making comparisons. It's good to know some things never change. . .

Just looking at this picture of my mom (the1958 dark-haired little girl) makes me smile. Here's to all those moss fights! The good times at the ranch just never end.

My grandpa hauled this old swing up to the ranch (55 miles) on the hood of his car! Oh, the things he did to save a penny. Thanks Pop! And just so you know, it's still swingin' strong!

Okay, I was not the most attractive water baby in the world. But I had to post this hot tub comparison because EVERYONE says my sister Melanie (at age 3) looked "just like Isaac" and I have to agree. weird.

Red pants. Red shirts. Skipping rocks. It's genetic.

Sisters. . .
12 comments:
The 1977 picture of Melanie is UN.CANNY.
How fun! I love looking at pictures from the past!
So I am going to steal these for my blog. Let me know in the next few days if that is not alright. I love it!
That's one thing I love about the Ranch, no matter how old I get, how far along in school, or how much my life has seemed to change, I can always return home to the Ranch and immediatly feel like a kid again.
P.S. I MISS YOU AND THE BOYS!
That is so awesome. What a clever post.
Some things SHOULD never change, like good times on the ranch. I can't believe that picture of Melanie! Everyone always says that Noah should be Allen's child but he doesn't even look as similar as Melanie and Issac. I am also glad that our friendship has never changed.
I love all those pictures (except for the one where I look huge next to all my skinny sisters). And Isaac really DOES look just like Mel.
Jens - you KNOW I steal pictures from you all the time. Mi foto es su foto.
Olivia - I was TOTALLY thinking that same thing when I wrote this post. . .no matter how long we spend away from each other, our friendship just picks up right where it left off. It was so good to see you when I was in town. I'm sure I'll be back to hang with you and the boys next summer too!
Alli - I love you're cute pregnant self!
that place seems so magical. I want my childhood there! By the way, where is that fried icecream from? I think I am willing to drive pretty far for something that looks that great.
The Baja Cantina in Park City - seriously one of my favorite restaurants EVER!
Dave just now noticed these pictures and is amazed at how much Isaac looks like Melanie. He always wondered why we would say that, now he knows.
That's awesome!
Post a Comment