Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ha Ha. Good One Google.

So I just (nervously) looked up "hurricane ike" which is heading right towards us as I blog. and Google HAS THE NERVE to ask me, hmmm. hurricane ike? nope haven't heard of it. Are you sure you didn't mean hurricane JOKE? Geeesh! I went to Dallas last weekend (and the weekend before) to see my studley husband (for like two hours because he was in Seattle and didn't get back until 5 on Sunday) and to load the minivan with more essentials (i.e. kitchen stuff/emergency supplies).
On the long-long drive back home late-late-late at night I stopped for gas. The gas pump malfunctioned. It clicked off and I pulled the darn thing out of my car. At which point it clicked on again, shooting gasoline at my whole entire self - not to mention my favorite skirt and shoes! (at $72 a barrel??? what a waste!)
So I did what any mom would do. I washed my arms and legs at McDonalds, stripped my clothes, and drove the rest of the way home in my underwear with the windows rolled down so the kids wouldn't asphyxiate. AND I swore to my studley husband, on the phone, four hours later, that I wouldn't make that drive again BY MYSELF with the kiddos - EVER! But alas, here I go again. Wish me luck with the hurricane joke. I mean evacuation.

10 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

ohhh Emily, you always have me laughing! I'm so glad you blog :)

becca said...

Geez... I can only imagine being a passing truck driver... "What is that lady WEARING?! Haha. You poor thing.

Good luck with the evacuation. You are probably to Houston by now, so I hope you stay safe (and your house in Houston, too!) Love ya :)

Big Jay said...

Hey good post. I just sent you a very short email hoping you've evacuated. I'm glad you have.

Oh, and the gasoline story is totally awesome.

Emily said...

Pray for my fiddle (practically my fourth child if not an appendage) that was left behind. Our house is currently in the "catastrophic damage" area. If we get any flooding my violin might be history.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Whew, I'm glad to know that Hurricane
Ike doesn't exist. I hope everything turns out okay with your house, family, and violin!

val said...

Emily-seriously cant believe your adventures,seriously.

Kristie said...

Emily,

I have been thinking about your family through all the news about Ike. I am so glad you took heed and weren't there. "Catastrophic damage" doesn't sound good. I hope that your house and fourth child survived. My heart goes out to you and Nate. Good luck and we will remember you in our prayers.

Addison

Larman Family said...

I am sorry to hear that your adventures seem to get more and more adventuresome! I just have to say that you are doing a great job- I love having Brigham in nursery on Sundays. To see his little face participating so wonderfully gives me hope sometimes. Good luck! We will definitely keep your family in our prayers.

Jay said...

Hey, hope you guys come out alright. We will pray for your family... and your fiddle (hey diddle diddle).

Christina said...

Okay, I am catching up on your blog and reading backwards and said the Lifetime Original Special thing before I read the driving home in your underwear things. So, not only will this movie be very dramatic, it will be very very funny.