Not to be Braggy-braggy or anything but just take a look at Isaac's artistic series entitled,
"The Evolution of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".
Isaac began this stunning series just two months ago when he awed his teacher with this original drawing of Chitty Bang Bang -
his first day of school "self-portrait".
Later, using his original as a guide, Isaac added a front car grille.
His teacher displayed it with all the other students' drawings of
"things that start with letter B".
During "Art" he experimented with some hood ornaments . . .
and headlights (another self-portrait) . . .
fenders . . .
and finally the complete Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with a windshield, steering wheel, double-rubber wheels, and a road. Genius.
So what that he was supposed to draw the Very Hungry Caterpillar!
"The Evolution of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".
his first day of school "self-portrait".
His teacher displayed it with all the other students' drawings of
"things that start with letter B".
So what that he was supposed to draw the Very Hungry Caterpillar!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Clayton is currently working on the FOURTH novel in his "Clayton and the Train" Series. He is a freelance writer. Just ask him. And the perfectionist in him won't allow for ANY misspelled words either. However, he's not at all bothered that his books read completely - oops - from back to front and the front cover is upside down. Oh well. . . Did you know Mozart sometimes wrote music backwards? Like I said. Genius.
And just wait. Inside scoop says it's soon to be a movie!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And Briggy practically invented "Pumpkin Fist Art".
Oh, and did I mention he writes his name????
Oh, and did I mention he writes his name????

Come up here kiddo. . .
briiggggggggggggggg
briiggggggggggggggg
Genius.
.
8 comments:
You are such a good and creative mother. You put me to shame! =0) Looks like you have a wonderful time in your family.
Thanks Karen. Although as far as my creativity goes. . . I just took the pictures - mostly as justification for throwing it all away.
Loved your FHE pumpkins on your blog!
(talk about CREATIVITY!!!!!)
Those pictures are all FABULOUS! I love how creative your kids are. Have you ever thought of getting one of those book kits where the kids draw the picture then you send it in to be bound like a real book? Hmm... I think I just got an idea for Christmas... do you have a scanner? Can you send me Clayton's stories??
I love Clayton's train, especially the track. Maybe Isaac's obsession with Chitty will turn into a later interest in engineering or auto mechanics (think about how much we rely on Mark). The fist pumpkins are very creative. Save (selectively, of course) some of the boys artwork, because it will be hilarious in twenty years, and can serve as inspiration for their children. I hope they will also appreciate in twenty years what a wonderful mother they have.
Becca - That book kit sounds like the coolest idea ever! I've always thought that something like that should exist!
We do have a scanner but it's in Dallas. We'll be up there again for Thanksgiving so if I don't lose (throw away) all of Clayton's books before then I can bring them.
Mom - I like Clayton's train track too. I like that it runs through the entire book.
I am horrible at throwing stuff away though. It's one of my favorite things actually - just ask Nate.
But I did think it would be a good idea to at least document some of this stuff so that when the kids are REAL writers and illustrators in twenty years they can have a chuckle remembering where it all began.
And thanks for the ego boost too! :)
I'm in serious awe of Clayton's story writing and artistic skills. That storyline is better than a bestseller I just finished.
I love that Isaac is the conductor.
And Isaac's evolution is hilarious.
The chitty chitty bang bang series cracks me up! Kind of looks like Samuel's "circle" series. My favorite part is that you made note of what he was supposed to be drawing. Shows so much personality. Clayton's book is so cute. What a dream for a former teacher, right?
Nice Chitty Isaac. I'm impressed. I still have a Chitty painting on my fridge from you and when anyone asks who is my favorite nephew, you're the winner because even though all my nephews are great at wrestling, you're the only one that understand Chitty as I do, and you're the only that has ever sent me a painting!
Post a Comment