fantastic:
- A visit from uncle Drew (a.k.a "Gwumpoh Jew" or "Andrew" - Clayton insists on using people's real names) and aunt Emily (a.k.a the "other" Emily Smith) and iddy biddy baby "Kaffryn".
- Dinner at the Downtown Aquarium - our favorite place to dine with guests.
- A train ride that goes through a shark-tank-tunnel.


Amazing:
- The gourmet Brazilian dinner Emily and Drew cooked - Mmmmm, I was transported to the jungle.
- Clayton and Isaac's cowboy dance at the "Go Texan" day assembly (thanks for coming Drew and Emily and baby Kat! - the only non-Texans in attendance)
- Baby Kathryn's talent for standing on Drew's hand in the air.


Magical:
- Taking the boys to the live theater production of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".
Isaac inhaled the deepest, longest breath of sheer awe when Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was revealed on stage for the first time and exclaimed at the top of his lungs, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang IS real!"
Nate and I both looked at each other with tears in our eyes. . .

Not Fantasmagorical:
- saying goodbye to Drew and Em and happy widdo baby. . .
(sniffle, sniffle)
- realizing that the two-and-a-half year Chitty Bang Bang era is coming to an end. Isaac was excited. But not as excited as he would have been six months ago. He confessed later that he knew Chitty Bang Bang wasn't real. And lately light sabers and star cruisers occupy his thoughts more than magical cars. I'm heartbroken. Really. I miss Chitty. . .
.
10 comments:
oh how fun, I didn't know Drew and Em were headed down your way. And chitty live?? Wow!
Oh no! Your last paragraph made me so sad. Is it a birth order thing? Because your Isaac reminds me so much of my Samuel. So so passionate.
Ah yes, Chitty the musical. The flying car and confetti at the end are rivaled only by dancing nazi femme fatales in feather boas. Who could ask for anything more? :)
Hahaha I can't believe Isaac seems to be growing out of dear old Chitty... at least he got to see the live show while he could still appreciate it! Looks like you guys have been having fun!
I always loved it when people would come and see us when we lived away. I sounds like you had a great time with Nate's brother and his wife. Those boys continue to be totally cute and funny. I'm sure that Issac will always have a special place in his heart for Chitty. No matter what new and "older" thing he gets in to.
Ha ha, ML. I'm laughing at your comment (clearly you've seen it!!!)
This is what Clayton had to say about the whole thing:
"At first my favorite part was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. But then I saw all the people dancing the Samba. Now the Samba is my favorite part."
Yep. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang truly (no pun intended) has it all.
It looks like you had a great time with Uncle Drew and Auntie Em. How fun to see Chitty live....I wouldn't even know about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang if it weren't for Isaac.
Tell Isaac I loved the picture of him in the diving suit....it looks totally octopus proof!
Oh Mom! Just wait for the "octopus post" coming soon. . .
Your comment couldn't have been more timely! seriously.
Great pictures! Your kids are absolutely hilarious! We had so much fun down there with you guys. Thanks for letting us come. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment