Happy dirt day to you.
(really, you'd have to hear Brigham sing it. . .)

32 - That you spent your birthday:
- Video taping Clayton's piano recital while I sat in the car with one sick kid and one. . .well. . .naughty kid.

- Cleaning out the dryer duct (after listening to me complain-for-months about the 6 hours it takes to dry one load of clothes) Was that a squirrel nest you pulled out of there?

- Uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling, and reinstalling the smoke detectors upstairs.
- Cleaning the ceiling fans. What? Those weren't supposed to be brown?
- Babysitting the kids while I went shopping - three times.

- Refereeing the light saber battles.
- Sweeping out the garage and making Isaac feel important as your "assistant".
- Letting the kids play (fight) with your balloons and retrieving them again and again from the ceiling with the broom. (the balloons. not the kids)

- Enthusiastically accepting gifts that were really for me (Les Miserables tickets) and the kids (two games ages 2-8 and a Star Wars birthday card).
- Requesting the same easy cake every year.

- Watching Australia - the movie I picked.
- And NOT EVEN noticing what a "dirt" day it really was - I'm glad your happy to just be home.
.
(really, you'd have to hear Brigham sing it. . .)

Yes. It's true. Today Nate turned 32.
Which means I have one more amazing thing to add to my list of
31 Things I Love About My Man Of 31.
Which means I have one more amazing thing to add to my list of
31 Things I Love About My Man Of 31.
32 - That you spent your birthday:
- Video taping Clayton's piano recital while I sat in the car with one sick kid and one. . .well. . .naughty kid.

- Cleaning out the dryer duct (after listening to me complain-for-months about the 6 hours it takes to dry one load of clothes) Was that a squirrel nest you pulled out of there?
- Uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling, and reinstalling the smoke detectors upstairs.
- Cleaning the ceiling fans. What? Those weren't supposed to be brown?
- Babysitting the kids while I went shopping - three times.

- Refereeing the light saber battles.
- Sweeping out the garage and making Isaac feel important as your "assistant".
- Letting the kids play (fight) with your balloons and retrieving them again and again from the ceiling with the broom. (the balloons. not the kids)

- Enthusiastically accepting gifts that were really for me (Les Miserables tickets) and the kids (two games ages 2-8 and a Star Wars birthday card).
- Requesting the same easy cake every year.

- Watching Australia - the movie I picked.
- And NOT EVEN noticing what a "dirt" day it really was - I'm glad your happy to just be home.
Love you, honey. . . for your 32 years of wonderful.
.
3 comments:
Aw, what a good dad/husband to spend his birthday doing all of those things. Happy Birthday Nate!
That is such an awesome birthday! Something to be proud of. I love the way you put it, Emily.
Happy Birthday! At least at the end of the day you did get cake....
Miss you all!
Post a Comment