Which brings me to the second reason why I blog:
Because I remember everything. everything. everything.
And I know someday I'll say to no one in particular,
Remember when Brigham used to tuck bobble-head Mitt Romney into my side of the bed? Then run around the house in a whisper scolding everyone to "beeee kiyet. Mit Womney is sweeping."? Remember how we used to hunt up and down for a baseball so Briggy could finally go to sleep at night? Because we dreaded the 3:00 A.M. baseball hunts after the 3:00 A.M "Where's my gaseball?" shrieks from upstairs? And how his favorite ball in the whole world was the one signed by "Babe Woof"? But really it was Nate's little league baseball from 1984? Remember when he got his first plastic baseball and I asked him if he wanted to play catch and he said (with that pouty lip of his) "No, becwuz I don't have a gwub." So we got him a glove. Remember how he used to carry around my vacuum attachment, swinging it like a bat and begging anyone in the vicinity to play ball with him - including the old Asian sage who waits for his grandson after school? Didn't you love how they called each other "friend" - one of the only English words the grandfather knew. And how could you forget the sad day when "friend" wasn't there and after asking every face in the crowd, "where's my fwend?", Briggy sat on the ground with his gaseball gwub and cried silent tears.
Do you remember "Gagar"? His favorite little Jaguar? And Mouse? But just the mouse - remember. NOT the book that came attached. And remember how the mouse used to talk in that high-pitched voice? And you had to talk back to mouse in that high-pitched voice or mouse would be mad? Really mad? Do you remember? And remember how much Brigham loved the little turtle from Mexico? And how I worried that he would get lead poisoning from kissing it so much? Don't you remember adorable Briggs-iggy-iggy-boo at age two? Don't you? Don't you? Don't you remember????
11 comments:
I cannot tell you how much it warms my heart to see the Star Wars/ Chitty Chitty Bang Bang/ Baseball combination in that middle picture. . .
I've never met Brigham, but now I love him and just got a big lump in my throat reading about his cute Brig-isms!
You may think that you will always remember all these cute things that your boys do and say, but you will be surprised how easy it is to forget. I hope you are finding a way to make sure all these wonderful blog comments and pictures are saved for that day when your mind grows dim with age and needs some jogging from old journal entries.
I got the baseball and star wars, but the chitty...
Oh the shirt! Over the pajamas, gotcha, quite the multitasker, that one is.
Good eye, Mark!
And yup. You guessed it, Russ - the first reason why I blog.
I love that Em. And it reminded me of a funny moment I think you will appreciate because Tyler as well has taken a special liking to bobble-head Mitt.
The other day I saw Tyler on the floor fully engrossed in a conversation with Mitt. "Mitt, do you like carrots?" (bobble bobble bobble) "You do? Me too" "Mitt do you have a dog?" (bobble bobble bobble) "Do you watch Power Rangers" (bobble bobble bobble) Mitt can I have candy for dinner?" (bobble bobble bobble) "Can I have a real laser gun?" (bobble bobble bobble)
(Looking over at me) "Mom, do you know why I like Mitt?"
"He always says yes."
Ha ha ha ha. Yeah - I can totally picture Tyler's conversation. He's so funny. I love that kid.
Oh I loved getting to know Brigs even better. He's one cool kid.
Ok, so I need to get a bobble head mitt romney because we definatly need to hear more yesses aroung here.
Like Michelle, I love Brigham now, too.
I am so glad that you wrote these things down.
His "friend" story is about the cutest thing I have heard.
I can't believe you guys let your boys play with the Mitt bobble-heads. Nathan said that those were rare collectors items when he gave them to us. Mine is still safe in its box and I'm rooting for Mitt in 2012 so that I can make some money off of that baby in 40 years.
Ummmmmm. . . that's actually a sensitive issue around here. Nate is still very protective of his Mitt. You should have seen the look on his face when Isaac broke off Mitt's head. . . Phew, at least I fixed it good as new!
Post a Comment