Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Big Five

It finally happened. Isaac turned five.
So we celebrated his 5th birthday today with an All-Day- Super-Duper-Star Wars-Birthday-Extravaganza. Which, in Isaac's words, was the "BESTest! Day! EVVeRRRR!!!!!"

Yes.
This is how much we love our kid.
(and yes. we went out in public like this.)

The party was complete with light saber cupcakes (of course) and an R2D2 Brownie cake (which Brigham helped himself to - by the handful - before the party even began.)

And presents galore! Enjoyed by everyone. Thanks to all who indulged him. . . especially Grandma for the battery-operated-strobe-light-siren-blaster-emergency-helicopter.
The hit of the party! (and my ears).
And if that wasn't enough. . .
We also capitalized on Isaac's flair and passion for theatrics, his out-of-this-world imagination, his obsession with light sabers, his Superhero-Jedi personality, and the new Jedi dress-ups he got for his birthday and filmed the first-ever-to-hit-the blog-screen production of
Isaacsolo and the Final Battle

From the imagination of. . .
semi-directed by. . .
and starring. . .

Isaac himself.


And now here's a quick Behind-The-Scenes peek at the making of "Isaacsolo and the Final Battle"

Coming Soon to a Blogtheater Near You.



We love you, IsaacMan!
Life would be utterly boring without you. . .
Happy Birthday Kiddo!

.

12 comments:

becca said...

Happy birthday Isaac! This whole post had me laughing. The cupcakes and cake are so cute and Briggs makes a perfect yoda! Can't wait until the movie comes out :)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! You are my favorite five-year-old nephew! What a fantastic party Emily nice work. I love the outfits and I also can't wait for the movie to come out.

Pete said...

Holy cow. That is parental dedication.

Sheralie said...

I can't believe he is five already! Happy Birthday Isaac!

Christina said...

You guys look so cute! Those cakes and cupcakes are great.

Love the picture of the prego Princess. I hope the boys realize what a treasure and act of love that one is.

MariLouise said...

Wow--gutteral laughter emanating from Denver. So if Princess Leia is knocked up, but Hans Solo is noticably absent, having been replaced by...the evil Darth Maul (?)...then...boy, I guess I just need to see the film!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Shh! Please don't tell my boys that birthdays can be so exciting. They would DIE if I went to so much effort and put on a Star Wars themed party. I think this year I am getting off easy with Noah because he has been requesting "banana cake" for months now. I don't know how he thought of that, but it will be easy to do. Gosh Em, why do you have to be so great!? Banana cake is going to seem SOOOOO boring.

Unknown said...

I am very excited to see the new film that will be coming out! It is so like you Em, to be so fun and creative. Your boys must be the happiest boys on earth to have such great parents. I am looking forward to the movie premier.

Emily said...

BwaHaHaHa. . . gutteral laughter back to you, ML. hilarious comment.

And you're right - you will have to see the film because nothing. NOTHING. is as it seems. . .

Mandy and Brian said...

I'm so excited for the movie...oh the anticipation. The party lookd amazing and the kids are adorable. You don't look so bad yourself as Princess Lea!

Melissa said...

What a fabulous birthday party!! You certainly didn't get that creativity and energy from me. Remember I used to bribe you girls with the choice of a really nice present instead of an elaborate birthday party, which got me off the hook many times. Your boys are VERY lucky!
Sorry about the totally annoying helicopter, but I had so much fun playing with it before I mailed it off, that I knew Isaac would like it.

Unknown said...

(trying really hard to avoid Yoda voice)

You make a great Leia Em, mad props. Can I prepay for movie tickets? I have a feeling Mandy will hog them all once it's released...

Happy Birthday Isaac Man, but a word to my favorite character, Yoda Briggy(shirtless), I understand that its hard to holster those guns, but you've got to keep them covered! The last thing a Jedi needs is women to flock like the salmon of Capistrano.