"Mommeeeeeeee. . . I have a ka-prize for you!" is a frequent Briggy-phrase around here. It's my favorite. Unless he happens to be coming out of the bathroom, then it's my most feared.
My next favorite Briggy-phrase is "Snack it out! Just snack it out, Mommy" It's his way of telling me off. He tries so hard to be tough. But between "snack it out" and calling me a "coconut". . . honestly, it just makes me deliriously hungry.
But that's not really what this is about. That's just me explaining (with a tangent) the title. This post is actually dedicated to all those little surprises I find around the house - daily.
Here are the most recent:
Surprise! Yup. That beautiful African silhouette? That's dried play-dough. On the dining room wall. Nice.
And when I turn on the light? The sun. This used to be accompanied by the entire solar system (as there are just enough prongs on the chandelier for all the planets.) and has actually been there for so long I'd forgotten about it. . . until our neighbor commented about it being a "charming touch". Uh. Really?
And when I went to put clothes in the wash this morning?? Ah-Ha! The buried treasure! The whole kit and caboodle! I'll have to let the pirates know. . .
And when I need to make a phone call??? Um. guys?
Or use the copy machine??
Or grab an apple for lunch??
(Oh wait. . . yup. They all have bite marks)
everywhere I turn,
There is evidence my children have been there first.
Or what about this?

So, today at swimming lessons, Isaac did what he does best. He had a complete random melt-down. This time about putting his face in the water - even though he has been putting his face in the water at swimming lessons for two years. He kicked. He screamed. He clung to the wall like a maniac. He flung objects into the pool - anything he could get his hands on (including the teacher's paper binder). And then like always his teacher bribed him with a prize from the "treasure box" if he could calm down. Which he did immediately. This kid TOTALLY knows how to get rewarded. He picked a toy stamp. And this is what he did ever so quietly on the car ride home.

Surprise!
Oh, and he also decorated the interior of our minivan - a lot. And Brigham's forehead. And Clayton's clothes.
Guess who ended up with his face in the water at the end of the day????
I'm glad life isn't totally boring around here. But honestly, there are times when I could do with a few less "Ka-prizes".
My next favorite Briggy-phrase is "Snack it out! Just snack it out, Mommy" It's his way of telling me off. He tries so hard to be tough. But between "snack it out" and calling me a "coconut". . . honestly, it just makes me deliriously hungry.
But that's not really what this is about. That's just me explaining (with a tangent) the title. This post is actually dedicated to all those little surprises I find around the house - daily.
Here are the most recent:
And when I need to make a phone call??? Um. guys?(Oh wait. . . yup. They all have bite marks)
everywhere I turn,
There is evidence my children have been there first.
Or what about this?
So, today at swimming lessons, Isaac did what he does best. He had a complete random melt-down. This time about putting his face in the water - even though he has been putting his face in the water at swimming lessons for two years. He kicked. He screamed. He clung to the wall like a maniac. He flung objects into the pool - anything he could get his hands on (including the teacher's paper binder). And then like always his teacher bribed him with a prize from the "treasure box" if he could calm down. Which he did immediately. This kid TOTALLY knows how to get rewarded. He picked a toy stamp. And this is what he did ever so quietly on the car ride home.

Surprise!
Oh, and he also decorated the interior of our minivan - a lot. And Brigham's forehead. And Clayton's clothes.
Guess who ended up with his face in the water at the end of the day????
I'm glad life isn't totally boring around here. But honestly, there are times when I could do with a few less "Ka-prizes".
.
7 comments:
It is nice to compare notes on other second sons . . . Laird was wretched for his swimming lessons this summer. I think it may have scarred him for life, he cried so much :) I like the toy box idea, well maybe I am glad we didn't get a toy box for swimming though :) i am terrible at stain removal! hope it came out.
Oh man, I bet living at your house is never dull! I love all the "ka-prizes."
How are you feeling? The surprise I'm waiting for is a phone call announcing the arrival of baby girl Smith!
Ha ha - yeah, we're still waiting for that surprise too. . .
We had a false alarm on Wednesday when I showed up at my dr. appointment with contractions every five minutes. She sent me straight to Labor and Delivery where they hooked me up to the monitors (while I panicked over my emergency list of people to call to take care of my kids). After an hour, they decided the contractions were "not productive" and sent me home.
I'm still hoping for an October 7th surprise.
Oh I love little boys, and I am glad that my minivan isn't the only one that has been "decorated" inside.
You manage to make me laugh all the time. This time it was the phone and the copy machine that got me.
Love it.
Ha ha, so funny. I love the playdough art piece :)
oh, I hear you. but this made me smile and enjoy motherhood after a long day! Thanks!
Post a Comment