Saturday, October 10, 2009

Conversation Over Pancakes And Other Random News

Me getting up for the 6th time to cut and prepare Isaac's 6th helping of Grandma's specialty pancakes into convenient bite-sized pieces with just the "perfect" amount of syrup. . . just the way he likes (insists) them. . . for the 6th time time. . .

Isaac: It's hard work being a mom, right? It's harder to be a mom than it is to be a dad. That's why I'm gonna be a dad when I grow up.

Nate: Hey now, I work pretty hard too. What do you think I do at work everyday?

Isaac: Um. Play checkers?


In other random news. . .

Our house and garage flooded after the main sewage drain clogged sending water gushing up through the toilets, bathtub, shower, and floor drain. We declared it a family emergency and even Nate came home early to help mop up the mess, pull up carpets, set up fans, move furniture, and salvage our stuff. Thank goodness for Houston weather and being able to play outside.
Ha! Isn't Brigham dressed appropriately for a flood??


Isaac is sporting a nice shiner. Thanks to Clayton's expert Karate moves. Yes - he CAN kick that high.

Brigham can kick high too. He kicked the soccer ball into the mantle above the fireplace, knocking down the painting and smashing my nice china plate and matching candle holders. "Goal!" (he was in big trouble.)

The boys have new Superman pajamas (with capes). Heaven help us.

Eliza turned one-week-old on Sunday which merited taking more pictures. . .






Happy Sleeping Everyone!

.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yea for more pictures of Eliza! :) It sure sounds like the boys don't slow down for you and the new baby, so I'm glad your mom is there to help :) I'm sorry about the flood too. What a mess! Good luck with that.

Drew said...

I love Isacc's initial comment, classic. Eliza is a doll, I love the big smiles in the "little sister" pics.

Emily said...

Never a dull moment!