
The weekend before Eliza was born Brigham and Isaac were begging me to get my lazy self off the couch and go "pillow swimming" with them on our hardwood floor. I complained that I couldn't because my tummy was too big but promised that, "as soon as the baby comes out. . ."
To which Isaac replied, "No, that's okay. When the baby comes out then she'll go pillow swimming with us and there won't be an extra pillow for you."
Needless to say, it has taken a while for the boys to get used to a little sister who pretty much doesn't do anything useful. Recently though, she started smiling and laughing and the kids have been bombarding her with jokes, "peek-a-boo's", googly faces, silly songs, and all sorts of entertainment.
Here are a few pictures of the boys with Eliza who is three weeks old today. She is getting bigger and bigger (11 pounds already) and still just as cute as can be.
See? Just as cute as can be. Oh, and did I mention she's the best dressed girl in town? Thanks to all the adorable clothes people keep giving her - like this outfit from Grandma Kappy.And Becca - Thanks, Becca!
Briggy whispering secrets to sleeping Eliza.
My two dark-haired cuties.
I love these smiley kids!
Ha! Here's some of the classic entertainment Eliza receives around here. She looks thrilled, right?
Another cute outfit from Grandma. . .
Oh, those eyes! I love those blue-blue eyes. . .and those brown.
Well, is it obvious I'm not getting out much?
(seriously - how many Eliza posts in a row is this??)
Yeah, I admit, I've milked (no pun intended) the last three weeks for all they're worth and taken my laziness to the extreme. But I'll have you know, I did drag myself off the couch today to "pillow-swim" a few laps around our hardwood floor with the kids.(seriously - how many Eliza posts in a row is this??)
Thankyouverymuch.
.

7 comments:
Awww I LOVE seeing all the pictures of Eliza, so keep 'em coming! I'm so happy to see the cute clothes we sent are getting some use. I was so excited to buy little girl things for you guys!
The boys look like they are being great big brothers as well. I miss you all!
I agree, Eliza has very cute clothes. And I love the pictures of the boys holding her.
You are totally killing me with all of the pictures of your adorable little girl, in her TOTALLY adorable wardrobe! I am glad that Nate has been home to help out this week, I hope things continue to go smoothly when he returns to work.
I ran into your mom and dad last week at Stake Conference and your mom was saying how she thinks you are going to have your hands full. Rick replied, "Didn't she already have her hands full?" Your mom laughed, and your dad kind of rolled his eyes and emphatically said, "YES!"
Good Luck!!!
She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I love having a little girl to dress up, our budget, not so much. Your boys are so cute with her. Congratulations again!
Olivia - I laughed OUT LOUD at your comment because I can totally picture my Dad's expression. Yup - you know as well as anyone, the craziness that comes with three wild boys in the house! Whew!
You're amazing Emily. Amazing that you're pillow swimming at this stage in the game. I don't think "lazy" will EVER be a word that describes you. I hope you can just get a bit more sleep in the coming months. I love the pictures on this post! Eliza has a lot of Clayton expressions. Too cute.
Funny you say that, Jenny. Because the first thing I noticed is that Clayton and Eliza have the exact same smile in the first picture. . . She does look A LOT like Clayton did when he was a baby.
Post a Comment