Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Whale Of A Feast

Well, since - for the first time ever - we had nowhere to go for Thanksgiving AND since Eliza's food allergies (grrrr. . . ) have me on a no milk, no soy, no eggs, no nuts, and no citrus diet which pretty much includes all my favorite Thanksgiving recipes AND since my kids won't eat Thanksgiving dinner anyway and Nate didn't want to cook his own turkey. . . we decided to drown our sorrows. I mean celebrate Thanksgiving at Sea World in San Antonio this year. We had a total blast!
(Thanks mom and dad for the early Christmas present $$$)

BRIGGY'S FAVORITE PART:
The Shamu Express. He was very proud of himself for being just barely tall enough (on tip-toes) to go on this ride.





NATE'S FAVORITE PART:

The Sea Lion Show. And the River Raft.




MY FAVORITE PART:
Feeding the dolphins. Feeding the kids. Sleeping baby. And one happy family.





ISAAC'S FAVORITE PART:

This crazy-totally-get-you-drenched-death-drop. He looks petrified in the picture. But he loved it and even talked me into going twice! Brrrrr. . . (thank goodness for Nate's jacket)




CLAYTON'S FAVORITE PART:

The Shamu Christmas Show.


Here's a video clip of Clayton who was the star of the show - selected from the audience to interact with Shamu. He even got to keep that cool hat! Lucky.




And even though we didn't stuff ourselves full of turkey and pumpkin pie this year, our Thanksgiving celebration was definitely memorable and filled with smiles.


And I could not be more thankful. . .



now if only I could have just one little sip of Eggnog.
.

11 comments:

Sheralie said...

I love the Sea World! Last time we went the Shamu show made me cry because I felt like such a little kid again :) And yes that roller coaster is scary and wet! Good for you for going. Hang in there with the food and nursing. Can she tolerate it if you drink lactaid? Lucy was OK with that . . .Good luck!

becca said...

Wow looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving, even without me there! :D
That's so cool that Clayton got to be part of the Shamu show. I have always wanted to go to Sea World, so you guys will have to plan another one of those trips so I can go with you :)
That stinks that Eliza has allergies, though. Do you know what they are exactly? Is it the same as Brigham? If you already have one kid that can't eat dairy, might as well have another one to keep him company right? Haha hopefully she will grow out of it!

Emily said...

Oh Becca. . . At practically every show, Nate and I would look at each other and say, "Becca would love this!"

If you come visit, we're definitely taking you there.

Unknown said...

Isaac's face is classic! I love Sea World, in fact, I think the last time I went was with you guys! We missed you at the ranch, but it looks like you had a blast.

Jenny said...

I'm glad you and the family had so much fun. We definitely missed you all on Thanksgiving, but I'm a little jealous of the Sea World trip. The kids are so cute in the pictures!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I guess if you can't have a traditional Thanksgiving you make sure that you have FUN! The boys look like they were loving it.

I am so sorry about Eliza's allergies. I don't think I could handle not being able to eat so many things. You are a good mother. Most people would put her on formula and just EAT.

Allison said...

What fun! This makes me want to go to Sea World. And lucky Clayton! I would love to be that close to Shamu.

Happy Hastings' said...

I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how you are doing down in Houston. I was looking at Christina Larman's blog and noticed "the smiths", an just wanted to check it out to see if it was you... I am so happy I got to catch up on how you guys are doing... I love internet sometimes!!! I recently started blogging, but I'm not able to keep mine up as well as you do, but you are welcome to check it out... cherylhastings.blogspot.com. BTW... I love all the pics and fun in your blog :)

Gina Rochelle said...

I didn't know you had a Sea World there. What a fun day! I thought about inviting you with Jesse coming for Thanksgiving but after inviting a friend's family whose oven broke down and dragging out camping chairs to make enough seats I decided we probably were getting too full. But with that diet we probably would have just made you miserable. Maybe next year.

Gina Rochelle said...

uh this (or that-above) is Rochelle. I'm signed into my relief society recipe blog right now. I have an issue sticking with one name and one blog apparently:o)

Jesse said...

This was the first thankgiving in several years that we didn't get together- we missed you guys! Glad you had fun. We went down to see Rochelle's family in Atlanta.