I think it's a great idea! After taking a little Karate in high school, I really think it's a great thing to learn and I am planning on enrolling my boys when they are old enough. Mark and his brothers took Karate all growing up and they are still alive and very close to each other. Good luck! Isaac has a pretty amazing kick! He looks like a black belt already.
I have a really high opinion of Karate. I had actually hoped Jeff would do something like that here but he hasn't wanted to :) I am sure it will be great!
Karate is great, its a good way to channel/control aggressive tendencies. I was always smaller than my brothers, but way more aggressive, so from experience, it really helped me.
On the brazilian jiu jitsu note, I think I may support that even more. I took a little bit of judo as well, and it teaches you to protect yourself much better than karate, with very cool grappling techniques.
Also, it the unlikely event that you get in a fight at school, jiu jitsu is the best because its very defensible to the principle. You just say "I didn't even punch him! He was trying to punch ME and I just grabbed him and held him on the ground!" (just leave out the part where you hyper-extended his arm in two different directions). Believe me, grappling gets you off the hook ten times easier than a high kick to the neck, while still establishing plenty of street cred.
Not that I'm condoning any kind of violence here...
Mark - I'm glad to hear you and your brothers survived Karate. So far it's been good for our family but more as a "if you don't behave, you'll have to miss Karate" sort of thing.
8 comments:
I've had the same thought.
"The boys love to do Karate on each other. Maybe I should put them in lessons."
"If they learn how to actually do Karate they may not hurt each other so much."
"Wait, if they learn how to actually do Karate they may hurt each other EVEN MORE!"
"HHHHHMMMMMMMMM."
I DO wish you good-luck.
Let me know how it goes - we are trying to decide if we should enroll Dave in karate at the YMCA.
:)Deb
I think it's a great idea! After taking a little Karate in high school, I really think it's a great thing to learn and I am planning on enrolling my boys when they are old enough. Mark and his brothers took Karate all growing up and they are still alive and very close to each other. Good luck! Isaac has a pretty amazing kick! He looks like a black belt already.
I have a really high opinion of Karate. I had actually hoped Jeff would do something like that here but he hasn't wanted to :) I am sure it will be great!
um. does anyone know why the second picture isn't showing???
Ahhhhhh, that's so great, haha. Bust out the video camera. I see lots of montages in the near future set to the Karate Kid soundtrack.
We're thinking of starting Tyler in Brazilian Juditzu, or however you spell that. Maybe I'll wait to see if your boys survive first, lol.
Karate is great, its a good way to channel/control aggressive tendencies. I was always smaller than my brothers, but way more aggressive, so from experience, it really helped me.
On the brazilian jiu jitsu note, I think I may support that even more. I took a little bit of judo as well, and it teaches you to protect yourself much better than karate, with very cool grappling techniques.
Also, it the unlikely event that you get in a fight at school, jiu jitsu is the best because its very defensible to the principle. You just say "I didn't even punch him! He was trying to punch ME and I just grabbed him and held him on the ground!" (just leave out the part where you hyper-extended his arm in two different directions).
Believe me, grappling gets you off the hook ten times easier than a high kick to the neck, while still establishing plenty of street cred.
Not that I'm condoning any kind of violence here...
Mark - I'm glad to hear you and your brothers survived Karate. So far it's been good for our family but more as a "if you don't behave, you'll have to miss Karate" sort of thing.
Post a Comment