Isaac: Heavenly Father can help me when I'm scared, right? And He can help me be good, right? And super.
Me: Yes, Heavenly Father can help you with all those things.
Isaac: Yep. And Heavenly Father can even help me have rockets shoot out of my feet and power blasters in my arms, right?
Me: Um, no.
Isaac: But you said He could help me be super. You lied about that part, mom.
I went outside to play catch with Brigham today. Instead of pitching the ball back to me he kept gunning it straight into the neighbor's bush. After awhile of climbing into the bush to recover the ball and several lost balls I gave up and said, "Okay that's enough. Would you rather play baseball with me or the bush?"
"Um. I guess I'll just play with the bush because it's way better at catching than you, mommy."
Ouch.
After plucking Isaac away from "Narnia" to do his homework, he called back to the other boys in desperation, "Just keep pretending I'm still on the Dawn Treader, Okay? I don't want to miss anything while I'm gone!"
Brigham: Mommy, I make-ted hell today at school.
Me: You made what?
Brigham: hell. Yeah, it was red and juicy and super good. I love-ded eating hell.
Me: Do you mean Jello?
Brigham: Yeah, Jell.
Me: Isaac, I love your eyelashes.
Isaac: I know. Everyone loves my eyelashes. . .
Except [girl from class]. She loves my whole body. Not just my eyelashes. . .
Do you think when I grow up I'll be even more handsomer?
Me: Yeah. I think you'll look like Daddy.
Isaac: No. I think I'll look like uncle Dave.
"When I grow up I'd rather be a daddy than a mommy because daddies are just like kids 'cept bigger." - Isaac Smith
"If you ever need a wish in the daytime, just remember - you can always wish on the sun." - Clayton Smith
.
2 comments:
I love all of them. So funny how they come with these personalities.
I am glad you figured out the jello comment . . . sometimes it takes me days to figure out a comment like that!
Post a Comment