It's Spring. And the weather is perfect. So if you've been wondering where we are. . . we're outside. Clayton has fallen in love with skateboarding. Isaac is the new street hockey champion. Brigham learned to "jump" his bike off the curb like his brothers (training wheels and everything). And Eliza has discovered grass -yum. Water fights with the hose, buckets, and water-launchers have become a standard afternoon activity. And popsicles. Mmmm. . . coconut popsicles. Life doesn't get any better.We enjoyed a wonderful Easter/Conference weekend full of our favorite traditions (plus some new) and gorged ourselves on Cadbury chocolate and cinnamon rolls. Our weekend was saturated with egg-hunts, egg-projects, egg-activities, egg-lessons, and egg-games. So much so that when our elderly neighbor greeted us from across the street with, "Happy Easter!", Brigham called back, "Yeah, happy Easter Eggs to you too!"
There was a time when decorating Easter Eggs didn't go so well. But the kids are definitely taking their artistry more seriously these days. I thought ours turned out lovely this year.

As tradition, we hosted a Saturday morning Easter Egg hunt for the kids on our street. Here's the line-up of eager egg hunters.
Ready. . . set. . .
Go!




And as if buckets of candy weren't enough, the kids also enjoyed these appetizing "bug" cupcakes.
On Easter morning the kids followed a series of Easter egg clues and riddles around the house and yard to their baskets.

Between Conference sessions on Sunday we went over to the temple and enjoyed the beautiful flowers and weather.
.







4 comments:
I'm glad you had a happy Easter. I'm jealous of your neighbors and I wish we could come join with you all in your Easter fun!
Ha ha, Happy Easter Eggs! I love it. Also, I tried to copy some of your Easter traditions to make ours a little more focused on Christ, but my kids still ended up with WAY too much candy.
Yea! Happy Easter. It looks like you all had so much fun. I also just noticed the book you're reading right now. We read that for book club a couple of months ago and I totally loved it. You'll have to tell me what you think of it.
I just finished that book. Loved it. Loved it. Devoured it. Can't stop crying over it.
Post a Comment