
Eliza is 7 months old now - almost 8! Wow. Do baby highs last that long? I think I've been baby happy ever since I found out about this little bundle of smiles. How is it that even the fourth time around I'm still fascinated with
everything baby - every movement, every sound, every new glint of understanding, every smile. You'd think by the way I kiss her toes and love the smell of her head that I'd never seen a baby before. I am completely enamored with Eliza. We all are.

These days Eliza rolls, scoots, dives, and face plants. But she prefers to just sit and play. Not only have the boys figured out how to make her squeal and laugh but she has figured out how to make
them squeal and scramble to return the toys she drops (throws) on purpose! She loves their attention and has a handful of tricks she uses consistently to get a reaction. Like spitting and blowing her food at the dinner table (grrr).

Since I took these pictures (a few weeks ago), she has grown two adorable bottom teeth. And everything-everything goes in her mouth.

These pictures are also deceiving since she NEVER wears those cute headbands anymore - at least not for longer than a minute or two. She pulls them off faster than I can put them on (as she does with her diaper, bib, and my watch). Despite her disinterest in
wearing hair accessories though, Eliza is all girl. And she loves getting her little fingers on (and drools over - literally) anything girly - sparkly buttons, ruffled sleeves, shiny shoes, fancy embroidery, jewelry.

Eliza eats baby food like a champ but still absolutely
refuses to drink from a bottle. Which means wherever I go, she goes. Luckily (unlike some other babies I remember) she is easy and happy to be toted along.

I can't imagine our family without Eliza - our beautiful girl.
3 comments:
Beautiful Eliza! So many people told me that if you start putting cute things in girls hair when they are babies, they will always like it. It is so untrue, based on my 2 data points. :-) Once my girls learned to pull the headbands off, they refused to wear them. Maybe the desire will return later in life and they will be girly teenagers or something.
I could just eat her up!
So adorable. I wish I could kiss her toes too :) I don't know why babies just get better the more we get ...
Post a Comment