Saturday, July 10, 2010

June Quote Book

The boys have been the Three Amigos for two days now. They came downstairs this morning to say good-bye to Nate dressed in their full Amigo get-ups.
Nate:
I'm having a hard time snuggling you with that sombrero, Brig.
Brig: I'm not Brig.
Nate: Oh, are you an amigo?
Brig: No. I'm NOT an amigo! I'm a THREE Amigo.
Nate: But you're just one. . .and. . .
Clay: Hey! Why are you trying to smuggle Brigham?
(On guard! No one tries to smuggle a Three Amigo!)
Sometimes in a situation like this there's only one thing to do. Grab your Lego-pistol, become El Guapo, and put up your best fight. I hope the rest of your day at work was as exciting, Honey.


"But Dad, you HAVE to play light sabers with us because we're all looking at you!"
(smiling, blinking, waiting)

Guess who went to work this morning with light saber wounds?


Brigham was whining because he wanted to take his goggles to the park.
Me: Brigham, you don't really need your goggles at the park.
Brig: But I NEEEEEED them because they make me look mistinguished.
Me: Distinguished?
Brig: Yeah. Bistinguished.
how can I argue with that?


"Remind me to go to work in the morning, okay?" -- Nate
um. okay.


A year ago on the way to church the kids were having a "dummy-something" conversation, "oh yeah? well you're a dummy-car-bum-bum! AhHahaha. . ." etc. Annoyed, Nate turned to face them in the backseat and said,
"Only dumb people say dumb and only stupid people say stupid. Smart people use the word unsophisticated."
It totally worked. The kids have been saying that smart word ever since.
Today Isaac was gluing and painting with some friends. He made a big globby mess and the other kids were slightly making fun. Isaac fell to pieces.

"That's because these paints are so unsophisticated! And this glue! Grrr. . .You are all just so. . . so. . .ROAAahR! UNSOPHISTICATED!!!"
You sure told them!


"Mom, you should make a reading list for Eliza too, of all the books she eats this Summer."
- Isaac


Clayton was looking (in awe) at his plastic piano trophy and talking to himself:
"I can't believe I have a trophy. . . with real gold. . . and my name engraved. . . just like the golden plates. . . (looks up and notices me) Mom, this is. . . tremendous."
He was dead serious.


Brigham was reading with me downstairs when suddenly he heard Nate wrestling with the other boys upstairs. He jumped off the couch shouting:

"Quick! I have to go do wrestling now. . . (then he paused half-way up the stairs)
I'll tell you when I'm hurt. Okay, mom?
(barging into the room at full speed) Raaaaaahh! Brigham's heere! (bonk! slam!) Wahahaaaaaa. . . My nose!
(sob, sob cry, cry)."

He was only gone a grand total of 40 seconds before he was back downstairs reading with me


The kids were playing Charades.
Brig: (flapping his arms, jumping, stomping, making scary faces)
Isaac: Are you a crazy man?
Brig: Yup. You got it. Your turn.
Isaac: Okay, I'm going to be something from a story that hasn't even been invented yet.
Clay: Is it Super Isaac to the Rescue?
Isaac: Claaaaaay! I didn't even get a chance to do it! You guess-ted it too soon!
Clay: My turn. (He pantomimes an entire random Veggie Tales movie that nobody can guess. Ever.)
game over.

2 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

My favorite? A reading list for Eliza for all of the books she eats this summer. Haha, that made me laugh!

NOBODY said...

Every one of these made us laugh. Particularly "tremendous" and Clayton's entire pantomime of a random VT movie.
Awesome.