This is where I grew up. This is the house. . . the place. . . the air and the sounds. . . the memories. . . that will always-always be home. Just looking at these pictures makes my heart all warm inside. I love the ranch.
We didn't stay at the ranch on this trip. But we took lots of day-trips there, including Sunday to visit the Oakley ward (which also and will always feel like home for me).

We took a walk (hike - shhhh) before church. We managed to keep mostly dry and mostly clean. After church we had lunch with Mandy and Brian and visited some friends (I love you, Olivia!!!) where Brigham helped himself to a second meal.

The boys loved having "adventures" with their cousins. They still brag about the daring and exciting things they did at the ranch. All the things I did when I was a kid.

Like floating down the ditch. . .





catching water snakes. . .





racing. . .

climbing. . .

digging. . .

swinging. . .

exploring. . .

and driving the six wheeler.

or pretending to drive anyway.
Ha! I love these boys.
And I love the ranch.

I love the beauty. . .
the sounds. . .

the smell of sage and wild flowers. . .

and the feeling that all is right in the world.
.

4 comments:
Is that butterfly real?? It's amazing! Curitiba (Brazil) is famous for their blue butterflies but I've never seen any here.
Shyeah!
But my camera doesn't do it justice. We had a few following us around. They were REALLY tiny though - a lot smaller than the picture looks. They may have even been moths.
I love this post, you capture my feelings about the ranch perfectly. I feel I can never put into words how much I love the ranch.
The Ranch really is beautiful, and an amazing place to grow up. I'll bet that is why you are so creative! Thanks SOOOOO much for stopping by and visiting with me. I am glad that I am part of your "home".
Post a Comment