We do not.
Which is why staying for two weeks at Jenny and Mark's house in Salt Lake City (they normally rent out their HUGE basement apartment but were in between tenants so they let us live there for FREE) with their AWESOME backyard was like staying at a resort with all the amenities of a luxury hotel. The food was fabulous (I'm still dreaming about your steak tacos, Mark and mmmm. . . those fried pickles). The company was superb (I can't think of anything better than hanging out with my sister all day). The entertainment was first class (between the boys and their lego ship races and sword fighting, Mark and all his projects-in-the-works, and Eliza and baby Timmy in all their cuteness, Jenny and I were thoroughly entertained). And to top it off, the weather was perfect. Every day.
Here are a few of my favorite backyard moments:
Oh guard! These two can duel for hours. Check it out.
Super Brian making his final lap in the Lego space rocket race.
Bri-Guy and Brig.
Jenny on the back patio.
Mark's unfinished go-kart in the backyard was (as you can imagine) a dream come true for these boys. They literally spent HOURS back there "driving" and "working on the engine".
At one point I went to check on them and I didn't see Brian. Slightly panicked, I called for him. He poked his head out from behind the engine and said, "Fix engine! Bri-bri fix engine!" I laughed so hard - yup, this kid is definitely his father's son.
Driving Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Brian showing Isaac how to steer.
Brigham's race face.
Mark brought home a tarp to make the biggest, fattest slip-n-slide the kids had ever seen.
Then he dish-soaped them up. . .
and off they went. . .
While Eliza watched (and cheered) from the sidelines.
Mmmwah! Do babies get any cuter?
Dear Jenny and Mark, Thanks for sharing your awesome backyard with us. We miss you all! And can't WAIT to come vacation at your house again. . . Sincerely,
Briggy-boo.
IsaacMan.
Eliza-lou.
And Claydog.
We love you guys!
.
Which is why staying for two weeks at Jenny and Mark's house in Salt Lake City (they normally rent out their HUGE basement apartment but were in between tenants so they let us live there for FREE) with their AWESOME backyard was like staying at a resort with all the amenities of a luxury hotel. The food was fabulous (I'm still dreaming about your steak tacos, Mark and mmmm. . . those fried pickles). The company was superb (I can't think of anything better than hanging out with my sister all day). The entertainment was first class (between the boys and their lego ship races and sword fighting, Mark and all his projects-in-the-works, and Eliza and baby Timmy in all their cuteness, Jenny and I were thoroughly entertained). And to top it off, the weather was perfect. Every day.
Here are a few of my favorite backyard moments:
Oh guard! These two can duel for hours. Check it out.
Super Brian making his final lap in the Lego space rocket race.
Bri-Guy and Brig.
Jenny on the back patio.
Mark's unfinished go-kart in the backyard was (as you can imagine) a dream come true for these boys. They literally spent HOURS back there "driving" and "working on the engine".
At one point I went to check on them and I didn't see Brian. Slightly panicked, I called for him. He poked his head out from behind the engine and said, "Fix engine! Bri-bri fix engine!" I laughed so hard - yup, this kid is definitely his father's son.
Driving Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Brian showing Isaac how to steer.
Brigham's race face.
Mark brought home a tarp to make the biggest, fattest slip-n-slide the kids had ever seen.
Then he dish-soaped them up. . .
and off they went. . .
While Eliza watched (and cheered) from the sidelines.
Mmmwah! Do babies get any cuter?
Dear Jenny and Mark, Thanks for sharing your awesome backyard with us. We miss you all! And can't WAIT to come vacation at your house again. . . Sincerely,
Briggy-boo.
IsaacMan.
Eliza-lou.
And Claydog.
We love you guys!.

5 comments:
Oh we miss you guys so much! I tell Jenny at least once a day how fun it was having you guys here. I've learned not to mention it with Brian around because he yells, "Cousins Here! Cwayton! party!" and runs downstairs to be utterly disappointed.
Next year I will have that go kart running... no more getting distracted my motorcycles, chainsaws, and other projects.
The go kart was such a hit - running or not! You are seriously the REAL Mr. Potts! Which is the HUGEST compliment coming from these parts. . .
We were SO LUCKY that you could stay with us. We absolutely loved it. Thanks for spending so much time here at the house entertaining Brian and providing the perfect company. It was just what I needed after having a baby. I love the video of Isaac and Brigham dueling and I love how Clayton walks through the background pulling Brian in the wagon. Your boys were sooooo good to Brian. I hope he can grow to be like them. I can't wait to show him this post tomorrow.
P.S. Tell Brigs I love his drawing.
Man, that totally beats my backyard of dirt and weeds! Someday...maybe.
Post a Comment