conversation at the bank:
Isaac: If I had all the money at the bank I would buy scriptures. Nothing-nothing but scriptures.
Clayton: Isaac. . . then you wouldn't have a place to live! You wouldn't even have food or water!
Isaac: I would build a house out of scriptures and live by a river and eat plants.
Clayton: But you wouldn't have anything to purify the water. Do you want to die of water contamination?
Isaac: You always ruin all my ideas.
man cannot live by bread alone. . .
I'm trying to teach Brigham to ask nicely
Brig: I waaaant some waterrrr!
Me: Hmmm that's very interesting.
Brig: Interesting? That's not interesting at all! Mom, sometimes you don't make any sense!
Me: Do you know what the Holy Ghost feels like?
Isaac: No. But I know what the Holy Ghost looks like. He looks like a big hump with only two eyes.
hmmm. . . and the conversation was going so well too. . .
Conversation about wedding video:
Brig: Mom! Is that you wearing a super cape?
Me: It's not a cape. It's a veil. It's what girls wear when they get married.
Brig: Wow! There are SO MANY people marrying you!
while driving through Moab:
"Mommy! I see REAL LIVE rocks!"
wow Briggs. live rocks. now there's something you don't see every day.
"I miss Daddy a lot. . . but I'm sill glad he's working so hard to earn money because I really really want to go to the Planetarium again."
good. I'm sure he feels very appreciated.
Mark took the boys fishing today. Here's what they had to say:
before we left
"I don't like fish. I only like fish sticks. I hope Mark knows how to catch some of those." - Isaac
as we were leaving the lake with 8 fish on a string
"I love-ded catching all those fish! I love-ded it! Now we have so many new pets!" - Brig
after looking at the fish more closely
"But I'm a little sad that. . . ew, one of them has blood." - Brig
hours later
"Can scientists be fisherman? Because I think when I grow up I want to be a fisherman" - Clay
We met my friend and her two (very cute) girls at the zoo. The oldest is Clayton's age.
"Mom, I know you can't marry your cousin. But is it okay to marry your mom's friend's kid?"
oh yes. it is VERY okay.
(hey a little encouragement never hurt anything)
We were on board the Star of India docked in San Diego. Brigham was at the helm.
Brig: Get ready to set sail around the world!
Nate: I don't think we have time to go all the way around the world, kiddo.
Brig: Well, I'm driving this ship so that means you do what I say.
aye-aye captain.
After riding on "It's A Small World" at Disneyland Isaac confided,
"I know that ride wasn't really real. It's not real like the other rides here."
um. hate to break it to you, kiddo but. . .
Isaac has a cold.
"My nose is so stuffy I couldn't even snort last night and that's my favorite part!"
yeah. . . I hear ya, man.
While driving:
"Cows! I see more cows! That means we're getting close to see Grandma Melissa at the Ranch!"
uhhh A) we're still in Texas. B) grandma moved to San Diego. and C) there are no cows there.
Sorry Brig.
1 comment:
The last three are my favorite. Hilarious. And how do you remember all these? I know I keep asking, but I keep wondering.
Post a Comment