I learned something about girls today. I was sitting in the waiting area while the boys were at swimming lessons. Eliza was on my lap as usual. sitting. happily fingering the embroidery on my shirt. giggling as she poked my nose. . .eyes. . . ears. . . teeth. waving. smiling. babbling with everyone. being perfectly adorable. "So this is what girls do", I thought to myself as I realized I had been holding a one-year-old ON MY LAP for nearly 20 minutes. She didn't buck, wrestle, kick, or try to escape. She didn't climb up and down the chairs or bonk around on the floor. She didn't growl. Hm, those must all be boy things.Then two little girls came in wearing matching pink and purple tutu swimsuits. They giggled and squealed and danced on tip-toe. They skipped hand in hand with each other. They turned circles around and around - making their pigtails fly. Eliza clapped and cheered. And just as I was reveling in total girlish-cuteness. . . something happened. The giggling and squealing got a little louder. . . and louder. Until it was more like shrieking. . . high-pitched, ear-piercing shrieks! The mothers tried to quiet the girls but their hair-splitting screams just intensified. And why were they screaming? For fun. And who joined them??? Yup. the girl on my lap.
Little boys may growl and exhaust you with constant wrestling matches, but at least you won't leave with ringing ears and a piercing headache. Whoa-wee! Girls. Can. Scream.
.
6 comments:
If you think ear-piercing, high-pitched screams are reserved for little girls, you obviously have not heard Weston and Ender scream. They have their sister Emma beat hands down.
Uncle Russ
Yep thats something else girls can do. :) mine are really good at it.
I think at this point I would take some ear splitting screaming! I guess we'll see in May. Yep, trying again for a girl!
Woo-hooo! I'm sending pink vibes your way. . .
So true. And from my recent substituting in Primary, 8 year old girls like to giggle and giggle, high pitched too.
haha my dad beat me to my comment. Maybe it's from having an older sister but Weston can beat any girl in a screaming contest and he still wrestles, destroys, and breaks arms like a boy. Emma thankfully is not much of a screamer. So yes, thank heaven for little girls (until they speak enough to start bossing... :o)
Post a Comment