Carving pumpkins. The kids look forward to this every year. Which is funny because they don't actually do it. I do. But the kids design their own jack-o-lantern faces and last year I took a lot of flack - A LOT - for not carving exactly what they drew. I'm no professional, but I did try extra hard this year to get the details right. You be the judge.Here's what I had to work with. . .

The boys were happy. See? Happy. Happy. Happy.

Clayton finally lost a front tooth. I absolutely adore listening to (and watching) him (try to) talk with that hole in his smile - it's so so cute.

I loved that his jack-o-lantern also has a missing front tooth this year. so perfect.

And when all is said and done, I have to admit. . .

there is something magical about glowing pumpkins.

Plus, I LOVE roasted pumpkin seeds.

Happy Halloween!
.
3 comments:
I think you did a great job recreating their sketches. That is an awesome skill that you definitely need to add to your mom resume.
Ha! I just noticed I forgot to carve "the eyebrows" on Isaac's . . . oh well, he didn't notice either!
Is really is funny that the kids get so excited to carve pumpkins when they actually don't get to do much of it. Sorry, knives and little boys do not mix in my mind. All the boys ideas were great, and you did a fabulous job.
P.S. That little Eliza Oakley is TOO CUTE! I love that her pumpkin is so much like her. Eyelashes and all.
Post a Comment