Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pictures: For The Record

A friend of mine who is seriously the most talented, amazing, busiest person on the planet and who totally does not have time to take pictures of my run-around children - took pictures of my children. For me. Because that's what friends do. (I don't have time to teach her daughter violin lessons either. . . but I do. lovingly.) I've mentioned before what a circus it is to photograph my children. This was no different. Except they listened slightly better to Trina. And she has a better camera.

Do you see the mud caked all over Brigham's shoes and pants? yeah. The boys headed straight for the mud hole the second we got there. Eliza was supposed to be on her stomach in this picture but she kept popping up like this - which the boys thought was hilarious. And Brig kept squirming away like a snake.


Eliza was 99% uncooperative. She wouldn't stand. She wouldn't sit. She wouldn't pose. But at least she smiled a lot. . . as she toddled, crawled, climbed, somersaulted, scooted, wiggled, and squirmed her way out of every picture.


Isaac was in lazy-smile mode. This is the Isaac-face he had in every picture. Which is not a typical Isaac-face. But pleasant. And I like it.


Clayton's fangs. Make me smile. He tried so hard to be distinguished. So hard.


Aw, Briggs. He did his plastered-on, over-the-top, excited smile for every picture. Every one. And then out of nowhere. . . this. True Brigham. Sweet, charming, melt-my-heart Brigham. This picture is pure gold.


Here's the only picture we got of Eliza standing and holding still. What you don't see is the death grip I have around her arms and waist. Still. . . we're both smiling. I can't complain.


Also for the record. . . school pictures. They're all smiling and looking at the camera. History in the making.
Cute Clayton will never have that baby-toothed, second-grade smile again. Isaac's trademark "pleasant smile" (which he only does in pictures and not in real life) is preserved. It made his day to wear his Battleship Texas shirt to Kindergarten. And Brigham. My only child so far with a half-decent preschool photo.





And lest you don't think the above pictures are anything short of a miracle. . .
Here are a few I tried to take on Sunday.


And Eliza's dress was so cute too. . .

.

2 comments:

Sheralie said...

So cute. I love how you dress your children. And they have such nice smiles. My favorite is one of Brigham, so sweet.

The Gunnerson Family said...

I'm sure that is a story that MANY moms (myself included!) can tell. I think that the pictures turned out wonderful. Even if the smiles are fake, and Eliza wouldn't lay down, and it may not be your idea of perfect. They are BEAUTIFUL kids. Merry Christmas.

P.S. I was so insipred by your blog books I made one for my mom for Christmas. Thanks