Brig: What's a Bah Humbug?
Nate: It's what you say when you don't like something.
Brig: (running off to find Isaac) Isaac! You're a Bah Humbug!
Even before we told the kids we were having another baby. Even before we knew it was another girl. Brigham said, out of the blue:
"I think when I get another baby sister I'm gonna name her Tiny."
and then he went on his merry way.
Brigham made a cute card at school today. It said:
too mi momy Hpy HoLubaahs frm Brigahm
Me: Aw, thank you. Happy Holidays to you too.
Brig: Yeah, I wrote that because I didn't know how to spell Merry Christmas.
The boys were making up their own riddles. What has a beard and rides in a sleigh? etc. This was my favorite:
Clay: What is something that you can't see with your eyes but is one of the most important things for your life?
Isaac: Jesus.
Clay: No. Proteins, Isaac. Proteins.
ah, the age-old faith vs. science debate continues. . . although I liked Isaac's answer better.
Nate: Okay. I'm going to ask you all again. (for the tenth time). Who clogged the toilet with a whole package of wet wipes?
Clay: Not me.
Isaac: Not me.
Brig: Not me.
Nate: Well it wasn't me. And it wasn't Eliza. And it wasn't Mommy because she was at a meeting. So there are three boys and one of them is telling a lie. Whichever boy is telling a lie, raise your hand.
Brig: (raising his hand, twisting his mouth to one side).
O. . . kaaay. . . it was me. I'm sorry that I told a lie.
Nate and I could not stop laughing and Briggs got so much attention that all the boys wanted a turn to admit a lie.
We were eating dinner. Clayton refused the meat as usual.
Clay: Is it good to be a vegetarian?
Isaac: It's better to help people when they're sick. But Heavenly Father loves animals too. So yeah, it's good to be a vegetarian.
Clay: Huh. I never thought of that, Isaac! I am helping animals!
um. I think he meant veterinarian.
I was eating lunch at school with Clayton when his kindergarten teacher passed by.
"I think Mrs. C is smaller this year than she was when I was in kindergarten. Sometimes people grow smaller, I guess."
um no. I think you're just bigger.
Brig: My teacher said I'm a fill.
Me: A what?
Brig: And an officer.
Me: Huh?
Brig: Yeah, what's a fill-officer?
Me: A philosopher? Um, it's someone who likes to talk and who can explain what they think really well.
Brig: Oh. I guess that's not so bad.
I'm almost certain he thought he was in trouble. . . either that or that he'd been insulted.
2 comments:
As usual, your boys continue to crack me up! I'm with Issac on the whole Vegetarian/Veternarian/Vetran thing. I remember seeing a homeless person once with a sign that said "Hungry Vetran". I said, "How sad, I can't beleive that someone could go through so much school, have a good career, and then become homeless!" Um, Vetran, not the same as Veternarian! Can't wait to hear more.
Proteins, haha classic.
Post a Comment