Thursday, January 13, 2011

Merry Christmas Parties

I like Christmas Parties. All kinds.
I like School Christmas parties. I do NOT like organizing them. But I do like making cute food. Lots of cute (dairy-free) food that Brigham can eat. Decorating. Presenting gifts to fabulous teachers. Mingling with friends. I love all the sloppy-goopy, not-so-perfect Christmas crafts. I do NOT like when babies throw-up in the middle of the party and have to go home early. I like happy kids. Last days of school. And the anticipation of Winter Break.







I like Office Christmas Parties. Texas-style. With fancy food. I like seeing people again that I only see at these parties. But never anywhere else. I like Nate's friends. I like new places. And excited kids. I like zip lines. And hayrides. I like beautifully groomed horses. I like sweater-weather and winter hats. I love Christmas decorations.










I like Church Christmas Parties.
I like Sister Olivera's tamales and Sister Bassett's pecan pie. I like Brigham's Sunbeam teacher dressed as Santa. I like skeptical Isaac. I do NOT like being in charge of the program every year - always too busy to enjoy it. I like jingle bells and candy canes. I like all the semi-tacky decorations. And all the performances. I love Christmas music. And I especially love the people.



(here's some footage of me 20 weeks pregnant and dustin' off the ole strings with Melissa from my BYU freshman ward. Also footage of Brigham singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town")


I like Christmas Parties.


.

2 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

I love Christmas parties, too. But I also love when Christmas parties are over and I can have a minute to breathe! Breathe, Emily. You deserve it.

Unknown said...

Wow that zipline IS jimmy rigged! The block of wood to make a twin pulleys?!? TAPE?!? Come along still attached!?! sweet.