As always Easter Eggs dominated our Easter festivities this year (which the kids complained were far fewer than usual - "What about the Easter scavenger hunt? What about Easter baskets? Easter cookies? And the Easter wall? What about? What about?") Easter was very simple this year. But nice. We decorated Easter eggs. We made an Easter egg shaped fruit pizza. And we hosted our annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt. My mom scolded me for "over doing it" when she found out about the hunt. But I pretty much did nothing. I already had the plastic eggs from last year. My neighbors bought the candy. Clayton and Isaac filled the eggs - all 138. Nate hid them. And all I did was show up to take pictures and referee. I seriously can't think of anything I don't love about Easter eggs.
After the eggs were dyed and before anyone knew what was going on, Isaac scrawled faces on seven of them (including a few particular eggs that belonged to a disgruntled Clayton). Creating an entire egg family. Ours. I can't believe we're more than half a dozen now.
Our little neighborhood egg hunt has grown from 5 kids when we started it two years ago (and 3 of them were mine) to 9. We love our neighbors - and hope they keep having more kids :)
Like I mentioned before, Clayton and Isaac filled the eggs (and their mouths) with candy for me. I had to give them a little talking to about the Easter Bunny. . . er, but I really needed the help. And they were happy to do it. It wasn't until Nate was heading out with the laundry basket full of eggs to hide that I noticed quite a few extremely loaded, bulging at the seams, taped together eggs. Like these. Ahem. See kids? Would the Easter bunny ever do that???
Ready. . . set. . . go!This picture makes me smile every time. Just zoom in on Isaac's face and you'll see why.
Eliza loved finding eggs but refused to collect them in her basket. As long as she always had one in each hand she was happy. And whenever she'd find a new one, she'd drop the current egg (for someone else to find) so that she always had only two.
And here is the lucky winner (finder) of the golden egg. Or the "golden snitch" according to Harry Potter fan, Isaac. Clayton was bummed. His only Easter hope was to find the egg with $$$ (one dollar) instead of candy.
Brig offering me some of his loot.
Eliza offering me one of her (two) eggs.My kids are so nice.
And here is our newest Easter tradition (which I'm sure the kids will remember and insist on doing again next year):
Easter Egg Fruit Pizza.
And it tasted just as delicious.(thanks for the idea, Becca!)

Happy Happy Easter Eggs Everyone!

3 comments:
I love that Isaac snuck faces on 7 of the eggs. Very cute!
What a fun egg family! I can see much of the same thing happening in my house, Noah being "creative" with eggs, and Luke being "upset" that Noah used some of his eggs. Brothers. Love 'em.
Tell Isaac I love his egg faces. So cute. I also love how much candy they loaded in some of the eggs. I still remember the year that you and Melanie filled all the eggs and put all the gross candy in all the orange ones. We missed you at our cousin egg hunt, but it's fun to see that you are spreading the tradition!
Post a Comment