Clayton and Isaac had yet another piano recital. Against my wishes, they both acted bored out of their minds. I think Clayton yawned three times during his own performance and Isaac slouched (rolled around) in his seat the entire time and refused to crack a smile. Seriously, they acted like it was torture. . .
right up until the end when - surprise! the trophies were distributed and the dessert tray was wheeled out. And then, of course, they were all smiles.
The kids were lined up by age. I love the kid standing next to Clayton. His last name is Li and he's named after a famous Confederate general. He and Clayton see each other at piano stuff a lot. I particularly love his expression in this picture (click to zoom. It's worth it, I promise.) - so opposite of the bored, "when is this gonna end?" faces on my own kids.
Clayton played two pieces: "Marmotte" by Beethoven (such a beautiful song considering it was written about a big ground squirrel.) and a piece he composed called, "A Bright Green Hill". Clayton's teacher tried her hardest using hand gestures to get him to play with more enthusiasm (you'll see it on the video). And I tried using my mental telepathy. We both failed.
Isaac played a duet with his teacher called, "Dinner with Wolfgang". (a simplified version of Mozart's Sinfonia in F). He played almost all the right notes (whew!) but I was really missing his hands-in-the-air, conquered-the-world bow that brought down the house at the last recital.Oh well, I can only ask so much, right?
I think next time I’ll
.
1 comment:
Wonderful performances! Soundslike they have been practiing a lot, which says a loy for them AND you. HYow could I expect any less than amazing talent from children of yours?
Post a Comment