I was eating lunch with a friend who was about to graduate from BYU and had been accepted to several law schools. I listened while my friend tried to decide which school to go to - detailing the pros and cons of each city, comparing the scholarship offers, and speculating on the potential career paths that each might offer. Wanting to help I asked, "Well, okay. Where do you want to be ten years from now?" He looked at me for a long time. . . "Married to you."
Oh.
It's a much longer story than that but the short version is that we started dating shortly after and we were married on July 18th, 2001 - ten years ago today.
And here we are, ten years and five kids later. . .

and looking forward to many many more
(years, not kids).
** the kids had fun a couple weeks ago watching these clips of us dancing on the display screen in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building next to the events office. Look for us when you're there! We've also seen ourselves in commercials advertizing events at the JSMB. (this video is our wedding claim to fame!)**
**Stefanos Mengesha, the crown prince of Ethiopia, also makes an appearance in this video as a guest at our wedding reception. (my other claim to fame!)**
Happy 10th Anniversary, Nate.
I can't imagine a better spent ten years.
.
Oh.
It's a much longer story than that but the short version is that we started dating shortly after and we were married on July 18th, 2001 - ten years ago today.
And here we are, ten years and five kids later. . .

and looking forward to many many more
(years, not kids).
** the kids had fun a couple weeks ago watching these clips of us dancing on the display screen in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building next to the events office. Look for us when you're there! We've also seen ourselves in commercials advertizing events at the JSMB. (this video is our wedding claim to fame!)**
**Stefanos Mengesha, the crown prince of Ethiopia, also makes an appearance in this video as a guest at our wedding reception. (my other claim to fame!)**
Happy 10th Anniversary, Nate.
I can't imagine a better spent ten years.
.
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!
Happy Anniversary! I don't remember hearing that lunchtime story. I love it. We love you guys!
Wow, where does the time go? I remember sitting and watching you and Nate dance at your reception like it was yesterday! You two certainly have a wonderful family...and to think it all started ten and a half years ago. Congratulations!
Oh! I am dying! How have I never heard this story before?? Happy anniversary.
Post a Comment