I asked Isaac what he did at school:
"The only thing I did all day today was try hard not to talk."
oh. . . sad. I mean, that's good! I'm happy. it's just sad.
Brigham was telling me how to make pancakes:
"You need flour, eggs, water, and a little bit of gun powder. . ."
yup. I think that'll do it, partner. I just about died laughing.
Clayton bought a mentos geyser kit. He was reminding me that we need to get soda pop at the store to make it work. Isaac said,
"Is soda pop that stuff that's bubbly and spicy that people drink?"
it warms my heart that my seven-year-old doesn't know what soda pop is.
Clayton started a "science school" in his bedroom at the same time Isaac started a "wrestling school". They each had one pupil - Brigham. Who came downstairs to tattle:
"Nobody's letting me learn! When I go to Isaac's school Clayton still tries to tell me everything about science and when I'm at Clayton's school Isaac keeps wrestling me!"
sounds like a scheduling conflict to me. too many schools. not enough students.
Eliza was climbing all over her chair during Family Night. Without missing a beat, I took over her chair and put her in my lap. She squirmed away and went right over to Nate scowling and pointing back at me:
"I dissa mousa inna mommy a chaay-er"
someone has learned to tattle.
Against my better judgement, I took the kids to play at McDonald's today. There was an obnoxious kid (not my own) climbing on the top ledge of the bottom tunnel and pouncing on top of anyone who slid down underneath him. Brigham started telling him off:
"Stop doing that! It says no climbing. Can't you read?"
The kid was like nine and about three feet bigger than Brigham. He rolled his eyes and said nothing.
I turned my head for a split second and when I looked again Brigham had scaled the entire mesh wall and was clinging by his toes 6 feet above the ground pointing to each word on the sign.
"Look! It says NO. CLIMBING!"
I would have given anything for my camera.
We stopped by a friends house today. The kids there were playing with some toy Smurfs - something my kids had never heard of. They were baffled by the whole "smurf" concept. Tonight at dinner:
Brig: What do you think is weird about Smurfs?
Isaac: They don't wear shirts?
Clay: There's one that looks like Santa Claus?
Brig: No, they're all blue! That's so weird.
they're right. I may have loved them as a kid, but Smurfs are definitely weird.
.
1 comment:
Ohhhh the science vs wrestling school is definitely my favorite of this bunch. It is hilarious on so many levels...the more I replay it in my head the more I laugh!
Post a Comment