16 birthdays ago when I was 19, I was a freshman in college living in the dorms. It was there where I met seriously some of the coolest people I have ever met in my life. People that to this day are still my very best friends and will be forever. Like my husband, for starters. (I absolutely love this picture of us - one of the few we have of us together back then. I could do a whole blogpost on reasons why I adore this picture from our freshman year. Man, I love you Nate.)


And like all these people. Can you believe how awesome we were as BYU freshmen? we called ourselves the sexy six and looking back at these pictures, I can see why!!

And it just so happened that four of us from that freshman ward now live in the same neighborhood here in Texas (woo hoo!) And my freshman roommate and best friend all these years just happened to fly down (on business from Seattle) last weekend for my birthday!!!! So for old-times sake we got together for lunch and later for chocolate cake.
Here we are as college freshmen. . . (such good times!)

Here we are as college freshmen. . . (such good times!)

And here we are 16 years later. . . don't I look tired? (like I haven't slept in 16 years?)
I love having good friends both far and near. But it has been so much fun recently having long-time friends so near.
Clayton, Isaac, and Brigham also made awesome birthday cards and Eliza sang "Happy Birthday to Mom" non-stop. Nate was champ-husband as usual on my birthday - watching all the children while I went out with friends, taking me to dinner, and giving me a new video camera (yes!!!!!) and pre-paid babysitting coupons for my birthday. What more could a 16+19-year-old want??





2 comments:
Happy Birthday Em! I'll see what we can do about moving to your neighborhood too. So fun that Christine came to visit!
Those are some awesome pictures (both old and new)! I am glad that I got to spend your birthday with you!
Post a Comment