Happy 2012! I know we're already almost two weeks into the new year but these days two weeks goes by in such a blur that it may as well have been yesterday. I'm hoping that 2012 slows down a little bit for me and gives me time to get back on feet and caught up. My goal for this year is to heed the council of my grandfather (and the scriptures) and establish a house of order. Ever since Lydia was born my standard of household cleanliness and organization has pretty much disappeared (everything is in piles). And my standard of good parenting has plummeted as well (my previous self would have never allowed popsicles for breakfast or days on end without practicing and chores.) I've got to get a hold on my life! And this is the year to do it.
We celebrated the New Year with our traditional balloon tree, a few rounds of Lego Creationary (best game ever!) and cream soda in fancy cups because I couldn't find sparkling cider anywhere.
On New Years Day we had a neighborhood violin and piano recital (with seven young performers) which was so fun, we may have begun a New Years tradition.
Here are a few pictures from the day.

Why didn't we get a group picture of all the kids who performed? I can't believe the queen of taking pictures (me) didn't think of it.
Clayton played Happy Farmer, Minuet in G by Bach, Carol of the Bells, and Joy to the World. Isaac played Swan Lake and Mary Had a Little Lamb. Brigham played Deck the Halls and French Children's Song. All of the kids (including one of my own violin students) did a wonderful job and I was so proud.
Here's a short video clip of Brigham playing French Children's Song, Brig conducting from his seat in the audience, and Eliza going after a ball under the piano during the recital, and finally making her own debut on the piano while refreshments were being served. Enjoy!Here's to a great New Year! With less clutter, not so many popsicles, and more practicing and chores!

I'm sure my kids can't wait. . .
.
No comments:
Post a Comment