Friday, May 25, 2012

Baseball 2012

All three boys played baseball this season. There is a reason you couldn't find us in April and May.  We were at the baseball fields.  Every. Other. Day.  And when we weren't there, we were at the batting cages or in the backyard with bats and gloves.  We lived and breathed baseball for two straight months. But despite how time-consuming it is, and despite the (constant and embarrassing) misbehavior in the dugout with my three boys on the same team, I love baseball.  There.  I admit it.

Here are a few video highlights of the season.  I didn't take many pictures and I even took less video so the fact that I have this many pictures and these few video clips only goes to show how often we were at the field.  enjoy!

So aren't there age requirements and limits in little league?  How did I manage to get all my boys on the same team?  I begged.  Actually Nate did. Because, schedule-wise, there is no way I could have done it otherwise.  Clayton ended up playing down a league (he should have played Senior Machine Pitch this year with the other nine-year-olds) and Brigham played up a league (he should have played tee-ball with the other 5-year-olds).  But it was fun to see them play together.  Here they are in action: 

Isaac is a power hitter.  He swings hard and fast every time - whether he hits the ball or not. So watch out because when he does hit it?  It's right on the money.  His nickname was "Clutch" this season.   And believe me, he earned it.
Brig just looks like a pro out there. It really pushed him to play up a league.  Those balls come fast - sometimes even above his head. And hitting them was a real work-out for those 5-year-old arms of his.  He is still everyone's favorite to watch.
Clay found his niche as catcher.  He was awesome actually.  And he got better as the season went.  During one of the games, I overheard two coaches from another team say, "Have you seen this catcher they've got?  I think it's the best catching I've seen all season."  "Yeah, that kid is spot on."  I was a proud mama.
The boys made some good friends.


Brig as pitcher.
Clay at bat.

Brig at bat.  I love every move this kid makes.

The coaches were awesome.
They bought the kids snow cones after every game they won.  They had A LOT of snow cones.  Here is Clayton holding the game ball.  He earned it for (miraculously) making the winning hit of the game.

Eliza and Lydia spent more time at the baseball fields than their little lives could have ever imagined.  They always brought stuff to do.  Dolls, chalk. . .
crayons and paper. . .
and of course there's always baseball to watch.
And accessories to wear.
There are also bleachers to fall off and a daddy to hold you when you're hurt.
There are bugs to hunt. . .
 flowers to pick. . .
  faces to clean. . .
 and a whole posse of other kids to play with.
  Lydia did much of the same - she just spent more time in the stroller.



Here are a few pics from the end-of-season party.  Good times.


I love my three baseball boys.  Can't wait until next season!



No comments: