Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 2012 Quote Book

I took Isaac - only Isaac - to the grocery store with me today.  It was hilarious.  He talked incessantly the entire time. When I politely refused the offer for free wine samples, Isaac patted my back and said (quite loudly):
"Good job, mom! I'm proud of you for doing the right thing."
Halfway through the Asian aisle and a million made-up uses for wasabi sauce, he asked:
"Do you just love shopping with me?  I bet you get lonely when you have to shop all by yourself."
I laughed out loud.  Actually, kiddo.  I usually prefer to shop alone so I can think.
He pretended to be wounded in the heart, fell to the ground, and then fake cried for five minutes.
In the car ride home he exclaimed,
"Whew! That was seriously the time of my life!"
 I smiled. on second thought, maybe I do prefer shopping with Isaac - exhausting as it is.


Clayton couldn't get our (20-year-old) microwave to work. After giving some unsuccessful verbal directions from across the room, I finally just marched over there myself, jostled a few things, pushed a few buttons and on it came.
Clay: Wow. How did you do that?
Isaac: She's a wizard. That's how.
Clay: Actually Isaac, wizards are the ones who don't know how to use muggle-appliances.
Isaac: huh. . . wait a minute. Have you had anything else. . . odd happen to you lately Clayton?
we've all been eyeing him suspiciously ever since. I'll let you know if he receives any sort of unusual owl post this summer.


Eliza loves the word "spicy" today. When the lunch lady complimented her on her fancy pink shoes she said, "Yeah, these are my spicy shoes." When she lost her doll with the scraggly hair she asked, "Where's my dolly? The one with spicy hair." When she bonked her head on the table she held her head sobbing, "It's spicy." And when she needed her diaper changed she warned me, "Be careful mom, it's a spicy one."
yuck - that's it. the word spicy is completely ruined for me. and if I wasn't sure before, I'm definitely sure now - it's time to potty train. wish me some spicy luck!


I asked the kids to pick one thing they for sure wanted to do this summer. Clayton said he wanted to go rock climbing. Isaac said he wanted to go to Washington D.C. but then changed his mind to Utah (after some clever persuading). And then Brigham announced that he wanted to go hunting.
Me: Hunting? Like hunting animals?
Brig: Yeah. Hunting.
Me: But Brigham, you love animals. Why would you want to hunt them?
Brig: To keep as pets!
Me: Like a deer or a bear?
Brig: No, something smaller. Like a slug or a snail.
whew, that kind of hunting I can handle.

No comments: