Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Day At The Beach

With the Atlantic Ocean only an hour away, how could we not take a quick day-trip to the beach?  We had so much fun.  Galveston is definitely not one of those white sandy beach islands and the Gulf of Mexico isn't known for it's sparkling clear water.  But it has everything else a day at the beach ought to have:  Waves. Salty breeze.  Seashells. Seaweed. Crabs. Sand galore.  Blue skies.  Ships on the horizon.  And perfect weather. We'd go back in a heartbeat.  (aren't we just the best looking crew you've ever seen?)
We headed down the boardwalk (a nice feature for those of us with strollers) and set up camp in the perfect spot.  The only thing that would have made it more perfect is one of those big beach umbrellas.
We had a few snacks. . .
some of us more than others. . .
posed for a picture by the seaweed. . .
and then the boys were off into the waves. . . for the next five hours.

Eliza loved dancing on the waves.
Look at them (Isaac) gazing longingly at the ship on the horizon. . .



Lydia loved the water - she didn't even mind it in her face.  She also enjoyed eating crackers and sand non-stop.
The boys reappeared out of the ocean only briefly to help Eliza with a mud castle. . .
and deposit their collections of seashells.
Eliza was in her own world baking and decorating gourmet mud cupcakes.

I tried so hard to get a picture of all of them looking (is it really too much to ask?)  but these are the best I got.

The showers were almost as much fun as the ocean itself.  It took me a very long time to pry them away and back to the car.



What a fun day at the beach!

1 comment:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Emily, I just read over several posts that I have missed in that last week and I am pooped. Yep, I'm exhausted just from reading about your amazing kids and life. I seriously have tears in my eyes because you MAKE the best life for your darling family. You are amazing, and as a result you have amazing kids. I am SOOOOOOOO sad that we didn't meet up when you were in Oakley. I would say that I've been busy, but you put me to shame. Actually we went out of town and missed you guys being here. Now that I have your phone number, I hope you don't mind if I randomly call you! I'll just have to try and do it when I don't think you will be busy. Can you tell me when that will be?