Eight years ago today Nate flew in from Washington D.C. (where he was working for the summer) just in time to watch some of the Summer Olympics with me in the hospital and see our second baby boy come into the world. We were so surprised. We expected him to look just like Clayton did with a full head of jet-black baby hair. But Isaac showed up with screaming orange Viking hair instead. And a personality as vibrant to match! We haven't had a dull moment since. We're so glad to have our Isaac!
We have the best friends in the universe. For the record. They planned a surprise birthday party for Isaac at the pool. They made cards. They brought brownie cake. They came loaded with presents - serious awesome presents too. All for Isaac. And according to him it was the "most unbelievable - most awesome day ever!" Thank you McKays! I always said you're a party wherever you go. And here's proof!
Check out these awesome cards.
Brig always loves when there's "cake" he can have. These brownies were delicious!
Liddy loved it too.
Isaac got an Angry Birds watch, a "scoot-ball" game, a new Classical Kids CD (love this series), a water bottle that is also a mist/spray bottle (Isaac is in heaven!) and this mega water gun. The boys had quite the water battle today with these crazy things while the girls were napping.
And while I worked on Isaac's quilt. I started it 8 months ago. Remember when I joked that it'd take me until his birthday to finish? Ha! It will probably take me another year. But I finished all the squares and laid out the pieces to see if the dimensions were what I thought. It was fun to see it all side by side - all of Isaac's favorite things. This quilt is SO so Isaac!
Happy Birthday Today! My larger than life 8-year-old!
You are so loved!
















1 comment:
I love this picture of Isaac! He is the Man
Love Uncle Dave
Post a Comment