Legos continue to be the toy of choice around here. Especially after Nate brought all his childhood Legos (boxes full!) back from Seattle. I'm always amazed at the things the boys make. Even Eliza's "tall tall towers" are starting to have more style and dimension.
Some of my favorite words are, "Mom, come see what I made!" and then, "Can you take a picture?" They are so proud. . . as they should be. Check out what Clayton, Isaac, and Brig have been building recently.
Some of my favorite words are, "Mom, come see what I made!" and then, "Can you take a picture?" They are so proud. . . as they should be. Check out what Clayton, Isaac, and Brig have been building recently.
This (I'm sure you could guess) is my favorite. This miniature Lego baby grand can fit in your hand. The top actually opens and closes. Clayton, you are amazing. This is truly a work of art.
This next Lego statue is another of my favorites. It is a self-portrait of sorts. It's Clayton. But I love how he portrays himself wearing his church suit and tie (that moves up and down) carrying his scriptures. There's a secret drawer that opens underneath. It opens smoothly and evenly which surprises me because Legos are bumpy. This is way cool, Clay.
Isaac and Brig are master ship builders. There is always some sort of ship under construction in the play room. I love it.
This one is a submarine.
They have also become expert aerospace engineers. I love hearing about all the (many) specifications of each airplane. They are in constant flight around our house.
Isaac gave Brigham "Lego lessons" one morning. They made Lego people. When Eliza saw them she fell in love and demanded that they be her dolls.
Here's a train Clayton built - better than any of the official Lego train kits.
I love the detail and contours - even on the back.
Brigham always said he wanted a dog. I have to admit, this one is pretty cute.
Even when I ban weapons from our house, Isaac builds Lego blasters that look like the real thing.
Clayton's picture puzzle stumped us all. Even Nate had a hard time figuring it out.
Clayton will demonstrate in this video. It's pretty cool. This kid really needs to be introduced to Tetris.
And then there's the army of Lego robots that are constantly in the making.
This summer Clayton took a class at the Science Museum on programming. He learned how to build and program his Lego robot. It's quite a complicated process actually. . .
He has dozens of programs - tricks and tasks - his robot can do. One of the most entertaining is this one. Where the robot moves in a circle until it detects motion within a few feet. As soon as you're in range, it's alarm beeps. Which means it's about to hunt you down and fire seven Lego cannonballs at you. Clayton also programmed it (which you'll see on this video) to play Lydia's favorite song, Haydn's Surprise Symphony.
Lydia is fascinated by this moving, talking, beeping, clicking thing at ground level. She and the Lego robot have become such pals.
Hooray for the invention of Legos! Where would we be without them?
























1 comment:
Man, I wish we lived closer. We wouldn't be able to live without our Legos either! I love it when the kids build something new and they have me guess what it is. I'm always amazed at their creativity. My favorite of your pics is the baby grand...very cool!
Post a Comment