Friday, July 6, 2012

Not a Box

We have had a surplus of cardboard boxes this summer. The kids have been having so much fun with them.  I'm glad I thought to grab the camera and document a few of their clever creations.  The videos on this post are my favorite!

I love this picture of Brig doing his homework in a stack of boxes the day before we moved.  It really sums up our life that week.
The boys scared many a passerby (Eliza, Lydia, me, the Comcast guy) with this box-robot.  They'd hide inside and creep up slowly so that by the time you realized something was there, these grinning teeth were already at your ankles.
Brigham tumbled himself dizzy in this box.  He's quite the acrobat.
Here Brigham demonstrates the most classic use of a cardboard box around here.
Love this video of the creeping robot and brig somersaulting around the yard.

Clayton provided us all with hours of entertainment with his cardboard box whack-a-mole game.  He also earned a little change since it operates on quarters.








Of course, no cardboard scrap goes unused (my kids are like the Masai.  When they kill a lion they don't let a single part go to waste).  Here is Isaac showing off his wall art made from pieces Clayton didn't need.  It was actually an "I'm Sorry" present for Clayton after doing something obnoxious to him, I don't remember what.

Clayton and Isaac set up a race course for their cardboard vehicles. We all sat in the stands to watch this very entertaining (highly competitive) race.


When things became too competitive, the race morphed into a full-out demolition derby.



Which I caught all on tape. There is no end to the entertainment around here.

Thank goodness for cardboard boxes everywhere. . .

No comments: