I
love Clayton's brain. He's so literal and can't help thinking long and
hard about everything - including the most off-hand comments. The other
day Nate was comparing Isaac's new (but apparently inferior) laser tag
set to the one he had as a kid. Isaac asked him which one was more
expensive. Nate said, "You can't really compare that because a dollar today isn't worth the same as it was back then." Clayton thought about it for a minute and then said,
"Um, dad? that's not impossible. A really good mathematician could probably tell you. You just need to know what a bunch of different things cost back then and today."
Another time at the pool Isaac was admiring a friends water-blaster. Her mom explained she'd gotten it in Mississippi (where she is from). To which another mother replied, "All good things come from Mississipi!" (meaning the other mother of course). Twenty minutes later as we were leaving the pool. . . Clayton:
"Um, dad? that's not impossible. A really good mathematician could probably tell you. You just need to know what a bunch of different things cost back then and today."
Another time at the pool Isaac was admiring a friends water-blaster. Her mom explained she'd gotten it in Mississippi (where she is from). To which another mother replied, "All good things come from Mississipi!" (meaning the other mother of course). Twenty minutes later as we were leaving the pool. . . Clayton:
"Um, excuse me, Jessica? I don't think all good things come from Mississippi. I think all good things come form hard work and perseverance."
that's my Clayton. . .
We have been living and breathing the Harry Potter books around here. I can tell because I keep hearing phrases like
"Isaac, what you're saying is just a bunch of rubbish!"
and
"I like him. He's such a jolly fellow."
and
"Don't be a git, Brigham."
and
"Be quiet, the muggles might hear." (meaning mom and dad)
and of course the standard disarming charm used mostly in moments of frustration,
"Expelliarmus!"
I was reading the history of Mt. Rushmore out loud from the brochure and everyone was eagerly anticipating our first sight of the famous mountain. When we turned a bend and it came into view on Eliza's side, she inhaled, pointed, and exclaimed,
"Look at all doze guys up dair!"
we all laughed for the next ten minutes.
My mom was asking the kids about their summer schedule. When she asked about Eliza, Clayton said:
"Oh, Eliza? She just whines all day and gets everything she wants."
yup. that about sums it up.
that's my Clayton. . .
We have been living and breathing the Harry Potter books around here. I can tell because I keep hearing phrases like
"Isaac, what you're saying is just a bunch of rubbish!"
and
"I like him. He's such a jolly fellow."
and
"Don't be a git, Brigham."
and
"Be quiet, the muggles might hear." (meaning mom and dad)
and of course the standard disarming charm used mostly in moments of frustration,
"Expelliarmus!"
I was reading the history of Mt. Rushmore out loud from the brochure and everyone was eagerly anticipating our first sight of the famous mountain. When we turned a bend and it came into view on Eliza's side, she inhaled, pointed, and exclaimed,
"Look at all doze guys up dair!"
we all laughed for the next ten minutes.
My mom was asking the kids about their summer schedule. When she asked about Eliza, Clayton said:
"Oh, Eliza? She just whines all day and gets everything she wants."
yup. that about sums it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment