Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thanks Grandma For The Flowers


My Grandma Joyce always has the most amazing flowers in her yard.  I loved them even when I was a little girl. I loved visiting her and noticing when her flowers changed with the seasons, from pale pink and purple, to flaming red and bright white, to soft yellow and deep orange.  This last summer I made some comment to her about her beautiful flowers and how I wished I could get my front yard to look pretty like hers.  A few weeks ago she wrote  me a sweet letter and enclosed with it, a separate note with money to buy flowers for my front yard.  That's just how awesome my grandma is.  She remembers things about people. 

So. . .

 For the first time in my life, I went to the garden store and bought flowers.  And (with the help of a friend - thanks Melissa!) spent an afternoon planting them.  


 I even had some extra to spend on a wreath for our front door to match the yellow flowers. (Which are already dying - Ahh - I didn't think about actually having to keep them alive!)
 And while I was at it, I added some more decor to our front yard.  (Ha! Now you know my real motivation for sprucing up the front yard!)
 Thanks, Grandma.  For more than just the flowers.  Thank you for thinking of me - for remembering.  Thank you for encouraging me.  And thank for adding beauty to my life from further than a thousand miles away.  You are one of our dearest blessings.  We love you, Grandma Joycie.





2 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Beautiful flowers and beautiful sentiments about your grandma. What a remarkable woman.

Melissa said...

Your front yard looks beautiful. After experiencing just a portion of your daily schedule, I don't know how you found time to plant flowers, let alone shop for them (or cook, or sleep, or even take a shower)! Way to go.....they're lovely. Grandma will be so happy to see this entry.