Monday, November 12, 2012

Hedwig Conducts the Houston Symphony


Just so you know, we are the luckiest readers in the world.  When we read the Narnia series together, the Houston Museum of Natural Science just happened to be showcasing the most amazing Narnia Exhibit.  This year, to correspond perfectly with our immersion in the Harry Potter books, the Houston Symphony just happened to be performing, in concert, the music of. . . Harry Potter.  What perfect timing, right?  The kids were like celebrities there - decked out as Hogwarts wizards and witches.  The concert was short (a perfect 30 minutes) and the music was fabulous. We loved every single minute.
The symphony members, also dressed in their wizards robes, were conducted by none other than Hedwig, the owl.  (Eliza was terrified!)
The kids got a chance to see the instruments up close and talk to the musicians.
Lydia was surprisingly good.  She was wiggly but quiet which was more than I could have hoped.
My boys loved it.



We enjoyed our time downtown - especially this water fountain near the parking garage.
Brig found a lucky "knut" which, for all you muggles, is a penny in the wizarding world.



Once again, hooray for Harry Potter.  

4 comments:

Autumn Foster Cook said...

I LOVE it! What a great family outing!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Serioulsy lucky! I can only image how much Luke would've loved to go with you. Two things he loves so much, music and Harry Potter. So much fun!

Jenny said...

Your whole Harry Potter Halloween and all the activities seriously tops any other Halloween. I so wish I could have been with your family this year to experience it! I love the costumes and how they fit perfectly with the kids and all the fun things you guys did. I am very ready now to jump right in and reread all the Harry Potter books! Well done Emily.

Melissa said...

I loved all of the pictures, especially the last one of the whole family! Absolutely darling!!