Saturday, December 1, 2012

November 2012 Quote Book

We've had a lot of mosquitoes lately. The boys are like Mr. Miyagi whenever they find one buzzing around the house. Clayton skillfully clapped one in midair the other day and flattened it perfectly on his palm:
"Yes! I know exactly what I'm going to do with this!"
sure enough, in less than a minute that darn mosquito was taped to a glass slide and being examined under Clayton's microscope.


Eliza's really into praising everyone lately. The other day, as I was disciplining one of the boys, Eliza came up to me and said,
"Good job being mad, mom. I'm really proud of you."
thanks. I've had a lot of practice.


Clayton and Isaac were arguing about who can run faster.
Isaac: I'm just gonna tell you the truth, Clayton. I'm more athletic than you. . . But you have more willpower and that's the only reason why you're faster.
Clay: Well, good because I'd rather have willpower than be athletic.
Isaac: Not me. I'd much rather be athletic.

I love the conversations between these two. I could write a whole book about them.


Eliza requests the only pink plate we own for every single meal. We all try to oblige since it makes mealtimes run so much smoother.
Eliza: Clayton, look at my pink plate! Look at my pink plate! Look at my pink plate!
(Clayton is looking)
Eliza: Look at my pink plate! Look at my pink plate!
(Clayton is looking even harder)
Eliza: Look at my pink plate! Look at my pink plate! Look at my pink plate!
Me: Clayton, you have to say something back otherwise she'll keep saying it over and over.
Clayton: Oh, okay. Wow, Eliza. It's so. . . um. . . pink.
Eliza (dancing, twirling, singing): Yes, it is pink! It's so pink and soooooo pretty! La-la La-la La!
we're still trying to get used to having little girls around here. . .


On election day eve:
Me: Do you know what day it is tomorrow?
Isaac: Yeah. It's the most important day of my life next to Halloween and Christmas. It's election day!

I don't know if I'd rank it that high. . . but I'm glad my kids are patriotic.


We walked to school on a foggy morning. Brigham was lagging behind but finally caught up holding something cupped in his hands.
Brig: I lot a frog!
Me: You caught a frog?
Brig: No. I said, a lot of fog!
Me: Well then what's in your hands?
Brig: Oh this? Just a worm.

which I watched him cram in his pocket before heading into school.

No comments: