Santa came through with all our heart's desires again this year and everyone was very spoiled. Christmas morning is magical that's all there is to it.
Eliza and Lydia got matching baby dolls and another little pink stroller to match the one they've been fighting over for months. Brigham got an "awesome" slot car set and a "cute" little stuffed dog named Muddypaws (meeting his request for a "cute awesome surprise"). He couldn't have been happier - especially with his cute Muddypaws. Isaac was thrilled to get the exact same remote control laser tanks as last year. We've been reliving the battles and the fun all over again. Clayton got the surprise of his life - a mouse. A real mouse that he named Zippy. He also got a remote control helicopter which he wasn't able to fly due to tornado warnings on Christmas day. Nate got Axis and Allies - the new edition. And I got Rosetta Stone - to learn Spanish. We were all smiles.
Zippy the mouse raced around in his ball and was the chief entertainer all morning.
Here are the girls with their babies and strollers. Peace at last now that we have two of everything. I loved their pajamas but girly Eliza insisted on wearing a pink skirt over hers. Grrrr. . .
The kids got silly putty and stamps in their stockings. Two things I will have to write to Santa about. I don't even want to think about the hours I've spent picking putty out of the carpet with a comb and tweezers. And I have discovered Hello Kitty stamps stamped in places where Hello Kitty stamps should never be stamped. Namely my scriptures and our library books. Here is Lydia stamping her lips.
Those are some gorgeous Hello Kitty lips though, I have to admit.
Here is happy Nate with his new game. The boys can't wait for another day-long Axis and Allies round.
Nate changed our world with this present for the three boys. An elegant wooden chess set.
We moved our glass table from the back patio to the piano room - making a permanent home for
the chess board. It matches the room beautifully and has so far
provided hours upon hours of quiet in our home. Something I never dreamed possible.
On Christmas night, I presented each of the kids with the special gifts I made for them. I made a ceremony of it - telling about each child as they opened their gifts one by one. The kids love their special things and I'm glad to have spent the time, the thought, and the love it took to make them all. Brig's little stuffed hedgehog turned out to be his favorite of all his gifts this year. Lydia's tiny purple doll - about the same size Lydia was when she was born - is in constant tow. Clayton has already been anxiously adding to his book of Lego masterpieces. Isaac can talk about his quilt for hours, naming every fighter plane, bomber, tank, and ship - each with stories and historical facts to go with them. He's happy every night to snuggle up underneath it. Eliza's doll, with it's floppy arms and legs, is perfect for dancing and doing gymnastics she's discovered. But most of all, she is thrilled that it's pink.
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!














No comments:
Post a Comment