"Stop brushing! You're breaking my heart!"
I thought that was pretty funny. . . until she announced to everyone in line at Costco later on,
"My mom broke my heart today!"
because I brushed her hair, people! I had the most awkward time explaining that to the check-out clerk.
Isaac: Mom! Mom! Come quick! Dad's outside and he has the hatchet and he was swinging it and he cut off, um. . .
Me: What! He cut off what!
Isaac: Um, just come! It's spraying everywhere!
that's one way to begin a report on how Nate hit a sprinkler pipe trying to remove some tree roots, but it's definitely not the best way.
Piano Teacher: How are girls? How's Leedya? (she loves Lydia's Russian-sounding name) Growing bigger? Next time you can bring them here.
Me: Yeah, the girls are growing up. They have so much fun with each other. Lydia is not much of a baby anymore. She's everywhere now and into everything. It's all any of us can do to keep up with her and keep track of her. Every three minutes, it seems, I'm yelling through the house, "Has anyone seen Lydia?" And then she'll turn up in the shoe closet, or in the pantry, or in the office emptying every cupboard and drawer.
(I watched Asya's eyes get bigger and bigger)
Piano Teacher: Every three minutes? Oh my! Maybe better not bring girls here.
yeah. . . maybe better not
"Who wants to brush my beautiful hair?"
the boys just stared at her.
anyone?. . . anyone?
(heaven knows she needs it!)
Eliza hiccuped in mid-sentence. She giggled and said,
"Oh, that was funny. It sounded pink! (giggle, giggle) With pink stripes!"
alas. . . all the world is pink. including hiccups.
Nate is in Washington D.C. for a conference. He emailed a picture of himself and a message saying how much he missed everyone. This is Isaac's reaction to the picture:
"Ooooh! That's the Bell X1! And Spaceship 1! And. . . and. . .can it really be the real Spirit of St. Louis? Agghh, that's at the National Air and Space Museum! That's in Washington D.C. Ooooh man! I've been dreaming of going there since the day I was born!"
there's dad too. in the picture. dad.
Eliza has been eying some Dora the Explorer fleece-fabric at the craft store for the past several months. I finally let her buy 1/2 yard today. We took it home and sewed a ruffle ribbon around the edge to make a blanket. When the boys came home from school she was proudly showing them her new blanket:
"Look what I made guys! I got it at the crack store!"
whether referring to her obsession with Dora, or mine with crafts. . . the title fits.






No comments:
Post a Comment