Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt

We hosted our 2nd annual backyard Easter Egg Hunt this year.  It was wild and crazy and so so so much fun.  My favorite part was sitting around chatting with friends inside while all the kids ran (climbed, cartwheeled, chased, wrestled, jumped) their sugar rushes off outside.
No party is complete without decorations.  We discovered that the rabbits we made for preschool this year (letter R) make the cutest Easter decorations!
Clayton, Isaac, and Brigham filled all the eggs this year.  There were 200. It took the dads (ahem, the Easter Bunnies) a very long time to try to find enough hiding spots for all those eggs.  But they did.
And on the count of three the kids were off!  
A few eggs required some Ninja skills to recover
Some climbing. . . stretching. . .
and reaching.
Thankfully for Lydia, there were a lot hidden in plain sight.




Some of the kids were lucky enough to find real eggs hidden along with the plastic ones. 
We did things a little backwards.  After the candy we ate dinner.  I've given up on fancy salads.  And given in to serving what I know my own kids will eat.  Whole pieces of fruit and vegetables.
Aren't these carrot cakes cute?  I got them for the grown-ups for dessert instead of Easter candy.  Unfortunately I forgot about them and Nate and I had to eat them all by ourselves.
Here are the kids enjoying their food and their friends.


Rabbit ears. . .
Isaac stealing the scene as always. . .
What would Easter be without a hunt?  Can't wait to do it all again next year!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love Isaac's photo bomb. Sweet! Looks like a good time.

Love Uncle Dave.

Allison said...

You are amazing. I bet all your friends and neighbors love having you around to plan such fun parties and activities for everyone. I love Isaac stealing the scene in some of those pictures too. Dave and I both had a good laugh. I can't wait to see you all this summer.