For months Nate has been complaining about the garage - how it's not only impossible to find anything in there but literally impossible to even enter. It's true. Not a single speck of garage floor could be seen. (If my camera card didn't spontaneously self-destruct and if I had enough money to pay some expert to retrieve the pictures that were on there, you'd be able to see the "before" shot. Then again, it was so bad maybe it's a good thing I don't have a picture) In any case, the kids spent an entire day cleaning and organizing the garage for Father's day. It was hot. HOT. And some parts (like scraping out a nest of cockroaches) were not much fun. But these kids sure love their Dad not a one complained.
I went out later that night to take out the recycling and wow - it was so nice to see it all clean! (granted, we still can't park 2 cars in there, but hey!) I snapped this picture fast knowing Nate would be coming home from work soon.
Of course besides sweeping and organizing, there was also quite a bit of this going on.
and this.
and. . . this.
(love Clay in this picture)
But Nate was very surprised and happy to see what the kids had done.
They also made Father's Day cards. Isaac's opens into a secret agent laptop and folds into a cell phone.
Nate said it's just what he needed and he's sure he'll be using it a lot.
Eliza forgot to make a card but quickly tore a picture from her notebook that she'd already drawn. I love her cute drawings these days - lots eyelashes.
Clayton spent hours writing a letter to dad in code. Nate was skilled (and patient) enough to break the code and translate the entire thing into English.
Brigham stapled an original story "written and illustrated" by himself into his card. The story was entitled, "The Sea Turtle That Got Stuck In The Rain Forest".
I love Brigham's stories. Every single one.
Happy Father's Day, honey! You deserve all this and more. (like a clean house too - not just a garage. I'll work on that!) Happy Father's Day to my own amazing father. Where would we be without these great men in our lives! We are so blessed.















No comments:
Post a Comment