Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another First Day of School

After five years of elementary school, I feel like we've finally got the routine down.  The boys started their first day of school yesterday without missing a beat.  It was like summer never happened.  Except it did.  It's a new school year and they're all a little more grown up.  Which makes me sad in some ways.  I snapped a picture just as we were heading out the door. Look at my boys.  So tall.  So confident. So grown up.  They were practically babies when we moved to Houston five years ago.
Clayton is the big man on campus this year (ahhh, we can't believe he'll be in middle school next year).  He is ecstatic to be in a class this year with all of his best buddies.  He is ecstatic to be in school, period. He's. . . bouncy happy.  And that's saying a lot.
I walked Brigham to his 2nd grade class. The first grade hallway was decorated with pictures and notes from the students last year (they were so cute - all displaying flags of their counties).  Brigham found his picture (the only boy with yellow hair).  His advice for upcoming first graders is to, 1) Do your work fast so you don't have to do it anymore.  And 2) Learn how to add billions of numbers.  He also says that the best part about first grade is going to second grade.  I hope second grade meets all his expectations.  He has a wonderful teacher - the same one Isaac had last year.  And guess what?  I get to be the room mom (again) this year!  Brigham is excited to be in class with all his favorite friends.
I poked my head into Isaac's 3rd grade classroom on my way out and snapped this picture.  He was smiling and busy doing his "morning work".  So different from the little first grader I remember a few years ago who sat in his seat on the first day of school holding onto his knees until his knuckles went white - trying so hard to be good.  I hope Isaac's teacher recognizes (and brings out) the best in Isaac like last year.  He tries so hard to contain that bigger than life personality of his. Isaac's best friend in the world is in a different class this year.  They are missing each other.  Luckily they still see each other at recess for their favorite game. . . football!
Eliza started preschool this week at our house!  All girls again this year and we are loving every minute of it.
Look at cute Lydia in this picture.  She is in heaven being a part of preschool (at least when it's at our house).
School is in.  And we are all smiles around here.

1 comment:

Jessica McKay said...

Love the first day posts! Thanks for snapping Preschool pictures.